Executive - HR at Skillventory
Views:258 Applications:74 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:22
Legal Role - Special Assets Group - BFSI (4-7 yrs)
Business Outcomes :
- Managing the Litigation Portfolio of Wholesale Banking Division/high net worth cases viz Corporate & Institutional Banking, Commercial Banking(Mid Market & Small & Medium Enterprises),
- Drafting and managing all documentation and processes for cases initiated by the company against clients, coordinating with external lawyers, appearing before the court, deposing before the court as witness, follow up with the advocates for various matters.
Maintaining of Reports & MIS :
- Understanding transaction and assist the Relationship Managers in drafting and finalising the Term Sheet.
- Assisting & advising the Recovery team in documentation and execution of the documents, drafting of various notices. Co-ordination with the operation team.
- Formulating recovery strategy in consultation with the senior management. Providing support to the litigation team for filing necessary recovery proceeding before appropriate forum, analysing the financing documents, attending conference with the counsels, vetting of Original Applications, Interim Applications, suits, petitions, SLPs etc.
- Attending the Court hearings of critical cases filed specially before DRT/ DRAT/High Court/ Supreme Courts/NCLT/Civil & Criminal Courts. Appearing personally before Recovery Officer, DRT to expedite the recovery proceedings.
- Filing Petitions before NCLT for initiating Corporate Insolvency Resolution Process against the Corporate Debtors under Insolvency & Bankruptcy Code. Attending Meetings of CIRP and representing the Bank in Committee of Creditors.
- Issuing of Demand Notice / Publication of Possession and Sale Notice / Filing application before the District Magistrate/ CMM for order U/s. 14 of the Act for taking over of secured Asset/Properties and its disposal as per Rules.
- Drafting notices and also acquiring and selling properties/securities of defaulters through Auction under SARFAESI Act.
- Drafting/Filing criminal complaints and complaints u/s 138 NIA for dishonour of cheques.
Risk, Process & Compliance :
- Ensure compliance of processes and procedures to applicable statutory requirements framed under legislation and enactments Advisory on banking products and services (loans & advances, deposits and others)
- Critical analysis of applicable change in law and consequent risk assessment and impact thereof on bank's businesses
- Direct communication of any changes in regulatory requirements, statutory provisions to respective departments, advocates and ensure compliance to the same
- To keep track of ever changing law settled by Supreme Court from time to time and advice so that business is aligned accordingly
- Suggest ways and means so that litigations are kept at minimum level and cost effective
- Manage self and team through the establishment of goal setting and review mechanisms to achieve the objectives of the function
- Ensure adequate training of recovery team members to be able to handle market dynamics.
- Provide guidance, counselling and feedback to subordinates on their performance to ensure a motivated and committed team
- Any other additional responsibility could be assigned to the role holder from time to time as a standalone project or regular work