Senior Consultant at Synergy Consultants
Views:755 Applications:73 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:7
Legal Role - Corporate Law - Chemicals Firm - CS/LLB (5-8 yrs)
70% into Company Secretary role
30% into Legal Role
- Mandatory Qualification: Company Secretary
- Desired Qualification: LLB Degree.
- 5-6 years of CS experience in similar MNC setup with exposure in legal
- This is a combined position for CS and legal, hence a right balance of experience in both is essential
- Good Interpersonal skills, conflict resolution, situational leaderships are key requirements for this role
- Good stakeholder management
- Should be able to collaboratively work across functions / geographies (Regional/Global teams)
- Should have eye for details with continuous improvement mindset.
- Good communication is important
Key Accountabilities :
- The role-holder is responsible for:
- Setting up process based secretarial department to ensure timely and effective compliances under various statutes.
- Conducting Board Meetings, Committee Meetings and General Meetings as required under various statutes, involving drafting of notices, agenda and minutes, etc.
- Compliance's under Companies Act & Statutory Filings under different Acts
- Handling legal matters pertaining to various economic legislation ( FEMA, RBI, Standards Weights & Measures, Factories Act etc )
- Ensuring various compliances under the JV/Shareholders' Agreement.
- Managing secretarial matters like incorporation, infusion of fresh capital, reduction of capital, Managerial Remuneration approval, compounding of various matters
- Ensuring overall Legal Compliances of the Company and submitting Compliance certificate to the Board /Management Committee for the same
- Handling legal functions of the company for Liaison with Advocates, attend matters before ROC, CLB, Courts etc.
- Drafting/ reviewing of day to day legal documents, agreements and transaction Drafting of legal notices, letters etc.
- Initiating the legal action and defending the organization in court, arbitration.
- Representation of the Organization before industry associations.