Director at Antrors HR Solutions
Views:1357 Applications:64 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:8
Legal Manager - Litigation - Management Consulting Firm - LLB (8-14 yrs)
Out Client a Global Management Consulting Firm is looking for an experienced in-house litigation lawyer to handle its litigations in India.
This position is based out of Gurgaon. The successful candidate shall lead the litigation function and will report directly into the General Counsel.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- overall supervision and focused handling of all phases of litigation, i.e. from the investigation to the final appeal process (depending on whether The Firm is the plaintiff or the defendant);
- Drafting pleadings, counterclaims, responses, and other legal documents ;
- Developing frameworks to mitigating legal risks and resolving disputes;
- Analyze the information/data/evidence gathered during the discovery process;
- Identify the strengths and weaknesses of the case and formulate a case strategy;
- Draft briefs of the cases and effectively summarize judgements;
- Pro-actively and independently engaging in strategy discussions with leadership and external counsels on critical matters;
- Manage and closely liaise with the external counsels and experts (if any);
- Participate in out of court settlements (if any);
- Track potential and ongoing cases (litigious/non-litigious) across all locations in India and apprise the leadership on the status/associated risks;
- To keep abreast of the latest changes in laws in India and apprise the relevant stakeholders and to develop appropriate mechanisms and strategies to comply with the same with minimal disruptions.
The successful candidate should be self- motivated and passionate about litigation and efficiently work within the deadlines. Should be open to travel as and when required
Compensation will be based on experience and at par with the Firm's principle of equity compensation.
Qualification and Attributes:
- Law Degree (graduate/post graduate) from a well ranked law school/university.
- Minimum of Eight to Twelve Years ( 8 - 12) years of post-qualification experience in hard core litigation and other adversarial legal proceedings such as arbitration and mediations.
- Prior experience in the litigation team of leading global law firm is preferred.
- Prior experience in dealing with matters before Courts and Tribunals.
- Excellent oral/written communication