Founder & Principal Associate at R Factor Consultants
Views:409 Applications:45 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:45
Legal Head - BFS - LLB (9-12 yrs)
Key Purpose of the Job
This position is responsible for ensuring appropriate, timely & effective legal actions against all defaulters; set legal related processes in department and company; legal advisory on litigation and non-litigation recovery/non recovery issues; drafting of legal documents; all India litigation management; and liaisoning with external counsels for deciding legal strategies for critical matters, formulating and instructing appropriate and effective legal actions.
Key Functions and Responsibilities
- Drive legal activity as per requirements of the Organization
- Check ways and means for taking strict legal actions against the defaulters
- Ensure effective legal actions against all the defaulters
- Provide legal opinion for taking possession/attachment of properties through legal means
- Identify the legal provisions which will help organization to repossess machines through court procedure, sale of machines etc.
- Legal research
- Ensure that the field recovery/collection team gets appropriate legal support from time to time.
- Ensure special strict legal actions against the customers which are hard core defaulters and threatens the employees of the Organization.
- Ensure timely legal actions are filed and effective results are achieved
- Timely feedback to management about status of cases
Title Report and drafting of legal documents/agreement -
- Provide observations on title reports of properties
- Suggest suitable documents for mitigation of risks
- Suggest for the suitable business call.
- Provide legal views on legal issues related to the property to be mortgaged.
- Drafting and vetting of various agreements, loan documents, policies and processes, and documents as may be requested by various departments
- Policy formation for the department and the organization on recovery front
Support for Recovery
- Help recovery team during repossession of assets from legal point of view by providing various draft letters as may be required
- Liaison with police authorities from legal point of view, if required
- Provide any other legal support required by the team.
- Visit to all high value defaulters with recovery team on need basis, to show the customer that legal has taken the case seriously and to understand the customer and the exact situation for formulating strategy and taking appropriate legal actions.
- Drive legal team and control legal activity as per policy
- Build, lead, train and motivate the team, ensuring their career development and positive contribution to the Organisation.
- Setting proper targets for the team for achievement of the common goal
- Guiding & leading the team in understanding deliverables and thereby identifying positions which would help in timely achievement of targets
Work with cross functions
- Ensuring speedy resolution of queries and grievances to maximize satisfaction levels;
- Work hand in hand with any department which requires legal support
- Give timely feedback about current situation in legal recovery and legal updates so that we may drive legal recovery in correct direction.
- Work with other departments on need basis for the development of the legal related policy in their department
Language Skills: English, Hindi
Age should not be above 40
Technical Competencies Required:
- Specialized Knowledge of legal recovery and litigation management
- Hard Core Legal Experience and knowledge
- Legal drafting skills
Behavioral Competencies Required:
1. Interpersonal Relationships
2. Team Building
3. Analytical thinking
5. Result oriented
6. Concern for quality