Legal Director - Compliance (10-15 yrs)
Legal Director, Compliance APAC
The Legal Director, Compliance APAC's chief clients and partners will be regional senior business management and senior managers for other corporate functions, including Finance and Human Resources. The Legal Director, Compliance APAC will report solid-line to the Vice President & Chief Ethics and Compliance Officer and dotted-line to the Vice President and General Counsel, APAC.
How you will do it :
- Having chief responsibility for and owning leadership of the development, implementation, monitoring, and testing of compliance programs and initiatives to effectively control enterprise legal and compliance risks in APAC and globally by leading cross-functional regional resources to identify risks, create action plans to mitigate risks, and assure continuous monitoring/improvement.
- Supporting client's anti-corruption and fair competition programs, including working with enterprise resources to oversee and deliver trainings, and developing regional communication plans for global anti-corruption and fair competition policies and procedures.
- Preparing on a quarterly basis timely and actionable material for the APAC Compliance Committee and serving as Secretary of the committee.
- Developing and maintaining effective lines of communication with senior regional and segment management on compliance matters and developing and supporting programs designed to enhance "tone at the top" and the Company's "Speak Up" culture.
- Supporting regional mergers and acquisition activities by overseeing compliance due diligence and post-acquisition integration activities.
- Liaising with senior management to understand compliance-related needs and owning project development to ensure effective safeguards are in place to manage compliance risks.
- In consultation with the Director, Compliance Risk Monitoring and Internal Audit, supporting corruption-risk reviews, data privacy, fair competition, trade, and anti-corruption compliance audits, and targeted compliance risk assessments of regional business units.
- Supporting investigations as required under the direction of Forensic Investigations, and owning and overseeing the regional disciplinary process, including confirming that matters are appropriately escalated to the APAC Disciplinary Sub-Committee.
- Responding promptly to detected offenses, including working with regional resources, management, and local counsel, as appropriate, to develop corrective actions.
- Managing outside lawyers and costs.
- Law degree
- Admitted to practice in a qualified jurisdiction with a minimum of 10 years practice experience in a national law firm or in-house corporate setting
- Knowledge of legal and regulatory regimes across APAC
- Experience working in a multi-national corporation subject to global regulation
- Ability to manage external counsel and external spend
- Ability to work within a team framework, a matrixed organization, and across multiple cultures
- Proficient in use of word processing and other data processing programs, especially Word, PowerPoint and Excel