Consultant at Michael Page India
Views:1522 Applications:151 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:151
Legal Counsel - Litigation & Compliance - Courier & Transportation Firm - LLB (5-9 yrs)
The role requires providing expert advice in Litigation and Compliance.
Lawyers from Insurance, Manufacturing, E-commerce, Logistics industries only.
The role will be involved in:
- Providing legal counsel and support to business operations
- Identifying non-compliance issues, providing implications, suggesting available courses of action and supporting their resolution
- You will be an independent adviser and counselor and would represent the company along with external counsels before courts, tribunals, statutory and regulatory authorities.
- You would be involved in Due Diligence process and in briefing solicitors/advocates/ counsels on various legal / litigation matters, attending different court proceedings on various civil/criminal matters- summary suits recovery of dues, eviction suits, injunction, etc.
- You will be responsible for recovery of outstanding dues of the Company by means of settlements, litigation and other processes as mandated/agreed with business team and management.
- Working with various stakeholders including, operations, delivery and finance teams on various aspects of litigation.
- Training and supervising junior lawyers in the team.
- The ideal candidate will be a qualified lawyer with extensive experience in Compliance and Litigation.
- LLB from a Tier 1 college preferred.