Director at Connexio Search
Views:295 Applications:111 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Legal Counsel - Bank - LLB (6-8 yrs)
Job Description :
- The Counsel is responsible for day-to-day legal coverage for the Mutual Funds Business within Bank. The overall objective of this role is to provide legal support, advice and guidance across a broad range of practice areas in the funds space within Bank's managed investments business.
- Primarily provide legal coverage for Mutual Funds within the Private Bank in APAC.
- Must have requisite experience in the offshore funds space, including, without limitation, in the areas of subscription agreements, offering documents and distribution agreements.
- Knowledge of Hong Kong and Singapore regulations in the managed investments space will be a plus.
- Must have experience in the review, drafting and negotiation of offering documents, term sheets, subscription agreements and distribution agreements with respect to offshore funds.
- Partner with business/functional line management in recommending, developing and executing fund product launches in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations in Asia Pacific.
- Coordinate resources to meet business needs across different functions and geographies and ensure efficient delivery of legal services to the business.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Bank, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of the business and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- 6 to 8 years of experience
- Private practice and/or in-house experience in the offshore funds space
- Comprehensive knowledge of APAC laws and regulations in the funds space, in particular Singapore and Hong Kong regulations
- Proven analytical and organizational skills
- Consistently demonstrate clear and concise written and verbal communication
- Diligent, hard-working and ability to juggle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Must be willing to work independently with minimal supervision
- Bar license in good standing to practice law
- Law degree from a common law jurisdiction.