Legal Consultant - Constructions/Manufacturing Firm (3-5 yrs)
Looking for professionals based out of Chennai (Work from office - 5 days a week).
- Litigation Management: Manage both civil (includes tax) and criminal litigations against the organization and its personnel and would require researching, strategizing, drafting and liaising with external counsels. Further it would include pre-litigation work such as responding to legal notices and resolving business issues to avoid litigation. Would require attending court/legal proceedings before various forums, engagement with regulators and enforcement authorities such as police, labour department, legal metrology, FDAs, etc.
- Brand Protection: An important part of the profile is to drive brand protection activities in the region which includes, supporting brand protection consultants in civil and criminal enforcement, engagement with stakeholders such as investigation agencies, consultants, enforcement authorities such as police, Custom, FDAs, etc and disseminating awareness through sessions with customs, police and relevant authorities.
- Compliance and Risk Management: Assist with compliance monitoring, training and education of legislative and regulatory requirements for internal stakeholders in the business and factories in the region. This would also include monitoring and training of compliance with respect to global company policies on anti-bribery, competition law and ethical conduct. Also, proactively work with the business functions and factories, including external stakeholders to identify, address and resolve risks to reduce the liability profile of the company, including crisis management.
- Contracts: Draft, review, strategize and negotiate commercial agreements for services, leases, leave and license, distribution, manufacturing, etc. for business and factories in the region. Legal and Business Projects: Be part of business and/or legal projects to advice on legal compliance, research on future laws and identify areas for advocacy if relevant.
- Legal and Advisory: Proactive engagement with business functions such as factories, sales, customer marketing, human resources for legal and risk management advisory for day to day operations. Helping them strategize and address issues or disputes concerning the business/factories with partners, authorities, vendors, consumers, etc.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.