HR at Conjoin Consultancy Pvt Ltd
Views:3150 Applications:118 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:19
Legal & Compliance Division In-house Counsel - India Legal - Investment Bank - LLB (7-11 yrs)
Urgent Opening with an Leading Investment Bank.
Location - Mumbai
Roles & Responsibilities
Responsibilities will, amongst other things, include:
- working closely with India firm management and Asia Pacific Legal and Compliance Division management
- ensuring internal clients, India firm management, colleagues and staff are informed of relevant legal and regulatory developments and their implications, particularly as relates to financial services;
- liaising with internal clients, outside legal counsel, colleagues and staff to manage legal risk, including contractual negotiations, local licensing and regulatory issues, outsourcing arrangements and compliance with relevant laws;
- identifying and resolving issues relating to suitability of transactions and external clients, franchise protection and sound management of conflicts of interests;
- advising and working closely with the business teams on a range of finance transactions;
- assisting with training and preparation of procedures/policies;
- engaging with colleagues in other regions/time zones (e.g. Asia Pacific, EMEA and U.S.) to ensure consistent practices across the Firm;
- communicating with local regulators; and
- participating in industry working groups.
Based in Mumbai, the lawyer will report to the Head of Legal, India and work closely with other legal and compliance professionals in Asia Pacific, EMEA and U.S. The lawyer will need to regularly engage with different business units including investment banking, institutional equities capital markets, fixed income and investment management.