Director at Connexio Search
Views:282 Applications:89 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:2
Legal Associate - VC Firm (2-4 yrs)
Our client is a leading social impact investor (CHANGE TO Our client is a leading VC firm) with a global investment footprint in in high growth tech enabled businesses . They focus on emerging markets and invest in early-stage companies that broaden accessibility of essential products and services across India and other countries.
They are looking for a legal associate to work closely with the General Counsel on a range of responsibilities, revolving around transactions (investments and exits) and regulatory compliance.
This would include:
- working on transactions for the fund, including assisting with drafting, reviewing and negotiating documentation, and coordinating due diligence efforts with external counsel
- assisting with structuring transactions and business initiatives of the portfolio companies
- working on various initiatives with the investment and finance teams, related to legal and regulatory compliance.
- 2 to 4 years of legal transactional experience at a law firm / fund / company in general corporate / PE / VC practices or a similar background
- Demonstrated legal and transaction skills
- Exceptional communication skills in English (written and spoken) with a bias for simplicity and clarity
- An entrepreneurial mindset (functioning in an agile work environment with a high degree of ownership and accountability), attention to detail, a willingness to work hard / take ownership, a team player etc.
- An understanding of numbers, finance and business would be advantageous.
- Experience working in global contexts would also be beneficial thought not mandatory