Director at Antrors HR Solutions
Views:2977 Applications:107 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:11
Legal Associate - LLB - Energy Firm (5-10 yrs)
Role - India Legal Associate - Energy Industry
Location : Bangalore
Summary of duties :
This individual will work with US-based legal colleagues to support the global business of the Organisation, while providing local services to our India-based operations. Global duties may include: negotiation and drafting of contracts; corporate entity management; working with outside counsel on patent and trademark filings; compliance and training; legal documentation maintenance; and litigation management. In India, duties will include the above matters, as well as provision of general legal advice pertaining to operations in India.
This position will report to Associate General Counsel in the United States. The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Independently managing the review and negotiation of inbound and outbound contracts for the company. The candidate is expected to interact with senior business and legal stakeholders inside and outside of India.
a. Outbound: The candidate must have experience negotiating sales contracts for the distribution of goods and services, as well as license agreements, nondisclosure agreements and other forms of business contracts.
b. Inbound: The candidate must have experience in negotiating procurement contracts and licenses, including those for HR, IT software, hardware, cloud computing, SaaS, logistics, consulting/advisory and other professional services.
- Assisting the monitoring of the contract process to assure compliance with Organisations contract guidelines, and tracking deviations from standard contract guidelines for quarterly audit review;
- Assisting in monitoring legal and regulatory developments in the region, including data protection and privacy, warranty entitlements and administration, Intellectual Property Rights, etc., assessing impacts of changes on the organization and operational functions, and making recommendations for compliance, as needed;
- Providing accurate, effective and timely legal advice, analysis and support on commercial and contractual matters, taking into account the India commercial environment and company business plan goals and objectives;
- Assisting in the development of best practices with regards to the legal aspects of commercial and contractual matters;
- Maintenance of standard contract templates, and creation of new template types in response to the changing needs of the business;
- Maintenance of global Warranty documentation, in conjunction with Product Line Management;
- Frequent communication with US-based counterparts to ensure that consistent legal advice is provided across geographies and business functions;
- Review, improvement and ongoing maintenance of electronic repository of Legal files;
- Other special projects and duties as needed.
Qualifications and Experience Requirements for the role :
- Bachelor of Laws (LLB) graduate with a minimum of 5 years of work experience.
- Ability to speak and write English fluently. Excellent written and oral communication skills, and cross-cultural communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and in teams.
- Sound knowledge of India corporate and commercial laws and familiarity providing practical business solutions and recommendations. Some knowledge of US and other international laws helpful.
- Experience with contract reviews (redlining), drafting, and negotiations. Must possess excellent drafting, review and negotiation skills, with ability to exercise judgment efficiently and effectively, and find creative solutions to multifaceted problems.
- Proficient in the use of office technology and software platforms, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Exceptional integrity, judgment and work ethic. Experience and ability to work with confidential information.