Hiring Manager at Jobaaj.com
Views:169 Applications:32 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:23
Legal Associate - LLB (5-8 yrs)
Responsibilities and Duties :
- Draft/Review/redline/negotiate mid complexity contracts (e.g. MSA, SOW, Amendments and Change Orders etc.) on behalf of the client independently or along with other stakeholders and secure favorable positions for the client.
- Ensure high quality levels in process delivery by quality checking deliverables
- Provide legal advice and support for Indian investment activities
- Partner with Investment Professionals and external legal counsel to ensure legal transactional product is of high quality, thorough and timely and that our interests and our investors are appropriately protected
- Work with Investment Professionals and Business Professionals to develop and maintain investment structures that optimize returns whilst managing legal risks and execute transactions
- Manage end-to-end contract lifecycle management activities, including recording fully executed agreements into contract database, managing renewals, extension, renegotiation, amendments and termination of contracts etc.
- Provide information and documentation for audit and reporting purpose.
- Track error types to maintain team member performance records and make recommendations for remedial training.
- Be directly responsible for performance of the delivery team members allocated to her/him
- Support the lead in implementing and sustaining processes for efficiency and effectiveness
- Contribute to contracts management excellence through continuous innovation and improvement in contract management processes etc.
- Manage and coordinate external legal counsel
- Triage legal work associated with Indian investment activities and appropriately elevate material legal risks
- Keep informed of industry-specific Indian regulations to ensure compliance and appropriate risk management strategies are in place
- Analyze legal and regulatory issues for their impact on specific Indian investments, investment strategies and investment vehicles
- In collaboration with compliance professionals, provide legal advice and oversight for Indian investment vehicles, regulatory matters and anti-money laundering/anti-bribery compliance
- Coordinate with Corporate Secretary to prepare, review and maintain corporate books and records for Indian entities and facilitate board processes and meetings
- Anticipate and guard against legal and regulatory risks facing the company's India business
- In coordination with the compliance professionals, serve as a contact with Indian regulators with respect to examinations, investigations, and data requests
- Develop and maintain strong relationships within the Indian regulatory risk management community, industry experts and the broader investment adviser community
- Review and draft contracts as requested. Focuses on drafting key legal provisions to manage risk for businesses and functions.
- Drafting activity/scope will include ability to appropriately review & modify templates, review key legal provisions, adequately counsel clients, and negotiate with counterparties to realize business objectives in the contracting arrangement.
- Scope of contracts will include confidentiality agreement, intellectual property agreements, sales and supply agreements, purchase agreements, master services agreements, information technology agreements, logistics agreements,
- Analyzing new and existing business initiatives that collect, store, analyze, manage, and transfer personal information with the aim of identifying relevant privacy and data usage issues and the relevant process and infrastructure requirements to ensure compliance of such initiatives with applicable privacy and data protection laws in India and to ensure consistency with global policies and standards
- Developing and implementing processes and controls that address applicable privacy and data protection requirements for India including: access to data, managing privacy and data protection policies and notices, preparing and filing local regulatory registrations, and managing cardholder and government requests for data
- Good analytical and comprehension skills. Strong communication, analytical, problem solving and strategic thinking skills and judgment
- Knowledge of quality mgt. systems and industry best practices on implementation.
- Knowledge of proc./ contract mgt. tools.
- Strong interpersonal skills and high degree of awareness to be able to face client, suppliers, internal stakeholders; Able to anticipate client needs and build strong business relationships.
Ability to supervise and guide team members Qualifications/Experience :
- Personal characteristics of self-confidence, resourcefulness, initiative, detail orientation, self-motivation, discipline, willingness to assume responsibility for decisions and the ability to deal effectively with people in a variety of relationships and situations
- Ability to provide solid commercial advice and consultation and proactively arrive at practical solutions. In-depth knowledge of legal concepts, contractual terms and constructs.
- Ability to effectively multi-task and appropriately prioritize competing demands in a fluid environment
- Ability to delegate effectively and manage the work of others (including external counsel) using a collaborative approach. Deep sense of ownership and ability to work seamlessly within a team.
- Relationship skills for working with all levels of the global organization, advisors, counterparties and regulators.
Required Experience and Qualifications : LLB