Vice President at Cucumber Consultants
Views:144 Applications:37 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:3
Legal Advisor - Infrastructure Firm (7-10 yrs)
Job Title: Legal Advisor
Reports to: Head of Legal - Commercial
Main purpose of role: Our client is a MNC operating in over 100 + countries. Listed in London and NY with over 50000+ employees across the world.
Looking for Legal counsel with International exposure. Someone who has handles cases in UK and other international countries
- We are looking for a practicing engineering and/or construction disputes lawyer (solicitor/barrister) who will be responsible for working with our Oil and Gas and Renewables and other projects to resolve claims and disputes cost-effectively, find commercially focused solutions and achieve successful outcomes in various global jurisdictions.
- The successful candidate will provide dispute resolution and other legal support to the functions based in Our client's offices in Sharjah and broader legal support to other parts of the business on an - as needed- basis. This may include providing legal support for bids, projects and corporate activities.
- The Legal function aspires to operate as a single function across the client's group of companies. The principal locations of our lawyers are London, Aberdeen and the UAE. In support of a centralised legal function, the successful candidate may be asked to remotely support other parts of the business globally from time to time.
Qualifications : Experience in oil & gas and renewables is helpful.
- Experience of managing and resolving disputes in a variety of legal jurisdictions (common law, civil law etc)
Skills & Competencies
- Strong drafting, contract interpretation, influencing, and negotiation skills.
- Excellent technical legal skills, common law and/or civil law and commercial legal experience including good knowledge of construction and engineering law. Experience of dispute-resolution (including litigation, arbitration, contractual escalation, expert determination, mediation, DABs) is important.
- Confident and capable of interfacing with senior management.
- An appetite to learn new skills and the versatility and technical ability to deal with issues outside of your experience and learn quickly on the job is desirable; you will possess maturity, confidence and gravitas to challenge decisions and actions when necessary.
- Good communicator with a pragmatic, methodical, detail-oriented, flexible and dynamic approach.
- Effective and capable of working independently, with little supervision and able to prioritise workload effectively.
- A self-starter who is outgoing and able to adapt to different environments and cultures.
- Willing to travel as and when required