Managing Partner at GNF International
Views:1510 Applications:81 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:5
Leader - Manufacturing Operations - Plastics & Polymers (15-20 yrs)
Role/Position Title: Manufacturing Operations Leader
Function: Manufacturing Operations
Reporting to: Director - India Manufacturing Operations
Experience: 15 - 20 Years, atleast last five year in the leadership role leading & directing team
- BE/B Tech with Chemical/Polymer Science
- Knowledge of Plastics processing and composition.
- End to End process knowledge of Plastics & Polymers.
- Knowledge of packaging industry operations
Brief Job Description:
- The Manufacturing Operations Leader will be responsible for end-to-end operations from Tape Line to weaving to Coating and Printing including the Stitching and other fabrication lines of the two plants in Silvassa. He /She will be part of plant leadership team and responsible to nurture & sustain Zero Injury, Zero Defect, Zero Loss culture. The plants will soon be moving towards practicing TPM.
- Ability to collaborates closely internal and external stakeholder, and leverage company best practices towards eliminating waste, serving customers, growing and developing our people. The Manufacturing Ops leader will Continue to improve Manufacturing performance by benchmarking with OC network facilities.
- Provide a safe and secure work environment for all employees, contractors, and visitors in conjunction with the Safety vision
- Ensures a clear and effective measurement system is followed and used to drive results; rewards and celebrates safe behavior and achievements; ensures accountability
- Lead proactive safe behavior and participation of operators in site Safety programs: Hazard ID, Behavioral Based Safety Observations, Unsafe conditions, JHA(Job Hazard Analysis), LTT (Lock Tag and Try) preparation and other tools to identify risk and work toward elimination to drive zero injury culture.
- Lead corrective and preventive actions for gap identified from product quality control and process parameters control
- To support Subordinates in pre-planning, and follow up of all jobs in order to utilize optimum resources manpower & equipment.
- Coordinate with Operation Team to identify, analyze and solve problems associated with the product & equipment.
- Daily production planning from coating to rewinding to optimize the Productivity.
- To communicate training needs, process improvement suggestions & follow up on implementation.
- Have the ownership of success or failure as the case may be, on his particular department/responsibilities.
- Should have Lead / Work for Customer Audits, Visits, Knowledge of System Requirements, Different Certifications and Business Excellence activities.
- A hands-on approach with strong technical skills of polymers Processing and compounding.
- Build technical competencies and skill in operators through Training and Development pillar commitments, skills matrix development for area operators. Close skill gap year over year
- Invest in the growth and development of direct reports and other identified talent in their organization. Be engaged in personal development.
- Ensures alignment with functional leadership (e.g., finance, safety, human resources) on performance management and talent development
- Demonstrate 100% leadership behaviors with the right mix of challenge and connect with team Coach people for development, progression, and succession
- Selects, trains, ensures the proper tools processes and systems are in place, and empowers employees to deliver against clear expectations.