CEO at Consult Shekhar Pandey
Views:203 Applications:42 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:2
Leader - Legal/Compliance & Public Affairs - Insurance Business (15-20 yrs)
- Provide legal advice and guidance to management across our businesses in India on a wide range of issues, including but not limited to corporate contracts, litigation and claims, corporate issues, business structures and models, M&A, property related issues, employment issues, and regulatory issues.
- Lead the LCPA team in India, including coaching and developing colleagues.
- Oversee the drafting and review of contracts and related documents for the procurement or provision of goods and services, confidentiality of proprietary information, employment, leases of space and equipment, and software licenses.
- Analyse a broad range of complex laws and regulations affecting the operations of the Company including those arising from corporate structures and business models
- Support and implement Risk & Compliance efforts for the company and promote an ethical and legally compliant business culture. Partner with senior management and regional compliance teams to achieve desired compliance results.
- Ensure participation and execution of compliance standards in the areas of Compliance policy enforcement, Professional Standards, Client Service Agreements, Errors& Omissions (E&O), and Learning (HR)
- Implement effective E&O processes to address E&O Prevention (Pre Loss) and Mitigation (Early Intervention Committee Reviews and Oversight)
- Partner with E&O coordinators in triaging, investigating, mitigating, and closing claims as well as assisting in reviewing claims history, identifying trends, and developing awareness education to avoid repeatable incidents.
- Conduct process reviews with members of the local office and/or compliance network to ensure transparency processes and procedures are effectively implemented and utilized.
- Establish and develop a proactive working relationship with regulators and other appropriate government bodies
- Interpret regulations/directives and global/regional policies; develop procedures, policies, processes and training to support the compliance function in conjunction with all internal and external standards and regulations and communicate and execute within the country/businesses.
- Must be able to grasp business transactions, identify issues and have the ability to advise on the appropriate legal treatment
- Excellent drafting skills
- Ability to analyze complex legal problems quickly and concisely without direct supervision
- Aptitude and attitude for Risk and Compliance, ethical behaviour and avoiding conflicts of interest, demonstrated by personal integrity and accountability
- Ability to work in a multinational environment with matrix reporting
Preferred candidate profile:
- Admitted to practice in India
- At least 15+ years of post-qualification experience
- Experience of managing other legal and or compliance professionals in-house in a multi-national company or with a reputable law firm, and a track record of managing and resolving complex issues.
- A bachelor's degree (LLB), or equivalent
- An appropriate, recognized legal qualification from India, UK or US (although this is a local Indian position)
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.