Leader - HR Business Partner - High Tech/Product Firm - IIM/XLRI/SCMHRD/TISS (15-20 yrs)
- Understand the strategic direction of the business units you support; identify and strengthen the people plan; execute the annual plan to meet the business needs.
- Makes strong trusting relationships with the business unit managers across levels and have the ability to leverage those relationships to diagnose and coach towards building team effectiveness and solve business problems (organization, team and or individual level).
- Design and drive customized engagement plan for different teams to create sustainable impact. Keep an eye on the key metrics thresholds; share data-based insights, design and execute interventions to solve for those areas.
- Gain complete understanding of various role in the organization, execute the compensation benchmarking exercise.
- Responsible for talent management with business plans; including talent reviews, succession planning, creation & implementation of development plans and moving talent around the organization. Change Management
- Works closely with the business and peers in HR to design & drive organizational effectiveness or change interventions (organization design, culture, collaboration, communication, vertical / team / individual learning interventions, performance management, execute engagement survey and action planning etc.)
- Proactively identify anomalies & trends with data & pulse checks. Translate insights into action, designing & implementing relevant & easily-adaptable solutions that cut across multiple disciplines and interpreting results. Including reviewing existing practices regularly).
- Be an employee champion and coach associates at critical moments in their journey
- Responsible for evangelizing the HR policies & practices to ensure understanding across levels and departments.
Run & Delivery:
- Responsible for run and delivery of set processes like (but not limited to) grievances / employee relations advisory, be the facilitator of difficult performance conversations, year-end performance management cycle, annual compensation surveys, short term projects from the COE, facilitating monthly onboarding program, driving engagement with the existing interventions etc.
- Keeps abreast of relevant HR practices externally.
- And other projects / work assigned by Head HR.
Competencies critical for the role :
- Across all business levels and in the immediate / extended HR team internationally, should be known and regarded as a trusted competent advisor
Driving innovation :
- A believer in continuous improvement of services, processes and operational efficiency. Demonstrates curiosity and critical thinking along with the ability to translate insights into actions
Spends time to ensure understanding of the business and aligns HR practices
Change agent :
Ability to diagnose correctly, design and execute interventions. Ensures communication through appropriate channels in a concise and proactive manner
Taking the right decision, the right action and being responsible for it. Making sure you do your part and ensure that you tag team to ensure we support each other to win as a team. There is no fun, no pride, no sense of achievement, in you doing your part and the team losing
Strive for excellence in providing innovative solutions; works towards the end goal of customer delight both internal and external customers
Working together, united in thought and vision to achieve common goals
About time, money & effort and the optimization of it personally & as a team
Focuses and ensures closure on agreed timelines without compromising on quality of the output & without continuous follow ups. Raises / flags issues as necessary and moves forward with a solutioning approach.
Academic qualifications and experience required for the role:
- MBA or Post Graduate Diploma (full time 2 years) from a premier institute or a degree in Organization Psychology is a must.
- 10 plus years of relevant work experience as a HR Business Partner in a fast-paced matrixed organization (preferably knowledge intensive) covering the aspects mentioned above.
- Experience working in a high-tech or a Product firm, entrepreneurial environment
- Strong in designing of interventions / frameworks and execution.
- Analytical and good in generating insights from data.
Key Skills - business partnering, HR project management, employee relations, Performance Appraisal process, HR Projects, HR, Employee grievances, organizational effectiveness, Capability building, succession planning, Employee engagement, performance management