Product Manager at Confidential
Views:10185 Applications:317 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:28
Leader - Financial Portfolio Management - Financial Services (6-11 yrs)
Job Purpose (job Summary)
- Under general supervision and within established policies & procedures, provides operational support including all aspects of Portfolio Administration, Reconciliation and Trade Support services, as well as making recommendations to improve policies and procedures.
Key Responsibilities / Duties
- Perform Client level reconciliation for Cash & Positions between Invesco Portfolio accounts and relevant sponsor accounts
- Restrict the accounts from trading due to account discrepancies and pending reconciliation in the Invesco portfolio accounting system
- Perform account maintenance functions including: New account setup, Terminations, Conversions, contributions/withdrawals, tax harvests
- Placing security and industry level restrictions in the portfolio accounting system.
- Adding financial advisor information to the portfolio accounting system to reconcile with Sponsor data
- Monitoring sponsor websites and applications for various client requests
- Reconciling cash positions and market value on portfolio accounting system to the custodian s record on manually reconciled accounts.
- Downloading Sponsor reports & Updating and Comparing Unified Managed Accounts (UMA) Models depending on the Sponsor
- Proactively contribute ideas and participate in continuous improvement initiatives
- Monitor and report the cash and position discrepancies in a timely manner to the trading desk.
- Research/Resolve of various corporate actions discrepancies like stock split, reverse split, spin off, bonus etc.
- Identify & resolve individual account discrepancies accurately and efficiently, to ensure systems are ready for trading
- Reviewing and identifying items in the Operations Global mailbox
- Ensure the process procedures are up to date
- Proactively identify potential operational risks, suggest mitigation strategy to manager and lead the implementation of the agreed upon mitigation strategy
- Review and Ensure that all new accounts, Conversions, Terminations, Tax Harvest, cash flows are completed in a timely manner.
- Review and Ensure all the e-mails in the Global mail box are routed properly and all the items are identified correctly
- Review and Ensure that Client Level Portfolio reconciliations are completed in a timely manner and resolve all cash and position discrepancies are resolved including Manual Reconciliation
- Review and Ensure all the Sponsor Reports are Downloaded & Unified Managed Accounts (UMA) Models are updated and compared in a timely manner
- Responsible for helping/Guiding the team members to prioritize the work and to do the Job on their own
- Ensure all critical end of the day reports on New accounts, terms, restrictions and reconciliation items are completed and actionable items are duly completed
- Ensure all the transitions run smoothly and all the procedures are up to date
- Ensure Dividend Report related to Performance of the accounts is prepared in a timely manner
Work Experience / Knowledge
- 3 to 6 Years Investment Operations Industry Experience
- Excellent Knowledge of Investment products globally is required
- Skills / Other Personal Attributes Required
- Team player
- Good communication skills
- Open minded, flexible, and willing to listen for other people s opinions.
- Good Understanding of Quality and process improvement concepts
- Excellent understanding of separately managed account process.
Formal Education - MBA or any other Professional qualification with Finance as Major Specialization