Director at NextMile Consulting
Views:452 Applications:103 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:28
Lead - User Research & Customer Insights - FinTech (3-7 yrs)
Brief Description of Company:
Our client is a fintech startup, revolutionizing the way Indians approach their finances - no matter where they work, what they earn, or how tech-savvy they are. To date, and have maintained a sharp focus on identifying customers' banking pain points and crafting solutions that improve their experience.
About the role:
- Are you a curious user experience researcher, who is constantly looking to understand why people behave the way they do?
- Do you enjoy distilling the complexity of qualitative and quantitative research data into actionable findings and recommendations(for product building, marketing, etc) that are easy to understand?-
- Are you passionate about advocating for user-centered approaches, and helping leaders understand when and why empathy matters?
If this describes you, then this just might be the role you've been looking for. As a User Experience Research Lead, you will lead primary research studies using a variety of different research methods to collect qualitative and quantitative, formative and evaluative, large and small feedback for analysis and action. You will uncover insights with close observation, digging into data, and considering more than what people say or do, but what they may be thinking or feeling. You will have the ability to directly impact, improve decisions and processes. We're looking for talented, passionate and creative people to build the most trustworthy community.
As the Lead, User research and insights, you will be joining the community core team responsible for building the most trustworthy fintech community. As a part of the core team, you will assume ownership and responsibility for all things related to users. User.User.User - We put the user's best interests at the forefront of everything we do. We believe financial success will follow user success. The position requires a wide variety of skills and a constant appetite to learn and develop your abilities.
Purpose Of The Role:
Will be responsible to lead the user research and insight function and ensure all relevant departments (across product, design, growth) are provided with research info and data insights to support them in achieving their respective goals through the provision of members, users, and market insights.
What you'll be doing every day:
- Design and Lead Research Efforts:
- You will collaborate with experience designers, product team, and business stakeholders to articulate research questions and plan, execute, and analyze appropriate user experience research.
- You will prioritize research questions and identify the right research method to use to answer those questions.
- You will evaluate the usability of solutions and determine the effectiveness of concepts, and your insights will inform decisions on community product design and implementation.
- Synthesize Data to Identify Actionable Insights:
- You will perform rigorous analysis of both qualitative and quantitative data to turn observations into action.
- You will uncover insights by digging into data and considering more than what people say or do, but what they may be thinking or feeling.
-You'll go beyond the "what" and figure out the "so what" and "now what" - what do your findings mean, and what actions should we take based on what we learned?
- Socialize Findings:
- You will distill complex analysis into compelling and easy to understand formats like research reports, presentations, etc.
- You will use storytelling and other techniques to effectively communicate findings to stakeholders and build empathy for users.
- Strengthen the Research Practice:
- You will drive the evolution of the expanding user experience research practice.-
- You will guide and mentor less experienced design and product staff, and grow your own skills while advancing the user experience research function.
- Analyze trends and signals across the fintech industry and competition in India as well as global level.
- Use future thinking principles to build scenarios for the evolution of the product and their needs.
- Set up in-house research processes and systems to enable agile user & market research.
- Conduct deep dives on critical questions regarding user behavior that will shape our thinking on content, product and community building.
What you bring to the table:
- You have experience of 3-7 yrs in user research and insights space
- Your interest in improving people's financial decisions
- Think fundament al and think long term
- Ability to think and build 10x better solution than already available
- You bring passion and playfulness to your work and those around you
- High energy, confident and capable self-starter
- Team player-
- Driven by curiosity and comfortable with ambiguity
- Stimulated by a fast-paced environment-
- Focused on quality - even when taking a scrappy approach.-
- Excellent storyteller - can craft stories that help deliver insights to decision makers-
- Attention to detail
- Strategy, Planning & Execution are your strongest suites
- Bachelor's degree or MBA from a tier 1 college or university
Ideally, you also have experience with some of:
- Experience in a related field, such as Research, Data Analysis, Sociology, Psychology, Anthropology, Human Computer Interaction, Experience Design, Service Design, Visual Communication Design, etc.-
- Strong understanding of the strengths and shortcomings of different research methods, including when and how to apply them during the product development process- Expertise in a variety of user experience research methods and skills, including:
- User interviews
- Usability studies
- Card Sorting
- Click Testing
- A/B Testing
- Tree Testing
- Data Analysis
- Collaboration and facilitation
- Presentation and Communication
Working knowledge of user experience design methods, including:
- Information architecture
- Interaction design- Visual design
- Content design (strategy, writing, editing for interaction)-
- Information design
- Service design
- Design systems
- You're an entrepreneur at heart. You are driven to have an impact on the world.
- A true collaborator. You enjoy being part of a tight-knit team and working with others to accomplish ambitious goals
- Exceptional communicator. You can articulate issues, and explain in plain language, and provide insightful feedback to improve the user experience-
- Problem solver. You are willing to work outside your area of expertise and learn how to solve and execute new problems
- Bias towards action. When faced with a complex decision, you prefer to experiment quickly and learn vs overanalyzing the problem
- You love developing high-level strategy, but equally love getting into the weeds
- Good analytical abilities to spot patterns and trends
Impact you will have:
- Improving financial life by helping people to make better decisions on money matters
- Build a brand which is trusted and is known for quality and expertise.
- Impacting at such a big scale is a different ball game