Lead - Supply Chain Management - Startup - IIM/ISB/MDI/FMS (9-14 yrs)
We have been retained by one of startups that is on an exponential growth journey to hire a Supply Chain Management Lead. The startup has been there for sometime and is well funded. . The role involves leading end to end supply chain operations from logistics, procurement, warehouse operations and forecasting to ultimately driving processes for smooth scale up.
Under this role you will be responsible for overall management of the portfolio of SCM whilst building strong alignment with the SCM teams across regions.
Please do note this needs a professional who has led setting up of warehouses and management of procurement and SCM operations for FMCD/FMCG firms for atleast 6 years and has seen scale followed by a role with a startup. This is non-negotiable.
Key Responsibilities :
- Plan and implement the overall supply chain strategy including production, distribution, demand planning as well as vendor management to ensure top line and bottom line for the business.
- Set up and manage warehouse in multiple cities and automate them
- Manage vendors and partners effectively and be able to negotiate best contracts
- Mentor and guide the team in achieving their KRA's.
- Monitor forecasts to identify changes or their effect on production/demand.
- Build implementation strategy on packaging and transportation to optimise overall cost and minimize wastage.
- Deliver a high level of stakeholder experience at all touchpoints.
- Manage procurement in a seamless manner
To fit the bill :
- Supply chain professional from a Tier 1 B School followed by at least 6 years of experience in business development, supply chain and operations role. (prefer NITIE/IIM candidates)
- Expertise in driving process improvements and inventory management.
- Strong analytical and communication skills.
- Experience across contracting, procurement and third-party risk management is a plus.