Lead - Strategic Finance - Retail/eCommerce/FMCG Startup (6-15 yrs)
About the Company
Founded in Nov 2017, our startup is a fast growing e-commerce company that aims to service and fundamentally recast the offline buying behavior of every single digital Indian. In the Indian context, traditional e-commerce channels have been successful in given access to hitherto inaccessible goods to consumers across the country. However, categories such as grocery and daily essentials already have a consumer behavior-albeit offline- that have gone largely untouched and untapped from these e-commerce channels.
By using differentiated technology platform as well as a deep network of partner stores, the employer is building a customer experience that will allow every single digital Indian access to convenient, dependable and value-driven grocery and daily essentials. It is a combination of omnichannel and omni-access customer experience that is scaling rapidly and has both the resources and intent to reach as many Indian consumers while guaranteeing customer delight in convenience and value over the coming years.
The primary digital product around which most of our business is built is a multi-purpose, multi-valent mobile application that makes use of cutting edge technology to help not only manage the customer viewpoint around ordering and selection in our partner stores, but will also help access a broader ecosystem of value-driven goods and services for millions of digital Indians.
The founding team comes with deep experience in building and executing highly scalable mobile products as well as significant first-hand experience in retail, FMCG, and grocery.
Role Description :
- Fund Raising, equity, fixed income, debt. (in all its forms of structured and unstructured) from global investors and financial institutions to finance employer's high growth
- Deep fluency in financial products on the SME/Consumer side and deep understanding of liability, ticket size, tenure, IRR, Liability, Collection of financial Products.
- Exposure to levered/real estate capital markets is a welcome step.
- Will help set up a financial entity/setup that will create a diversified pool of capital to be allocated to retail network for an employer, including but not limited to capital expenditure, inventory management. This entity will also help streamline the value proposition and structuring to our stakeholders of retail/franchise etc.
- Investor Relations: Ensuring the right communication to the varied set of investors who have invested into capex and retail network of employer growth story through a variety of instruments spanning across equity and debt
- Corporate finance fundamentals including preparation of financial models, investment memorandum
- Managing the transaction process end-to-end in order to meet the critical timelines, which includes and is not limited to due diligence, transaction structuring, internal and external approvals, and the legal documentation through efficient liaising with internal teams and external advisors
- Deep network and understanding as well as the levers that can alter- of risk appetite, timeline, and tendencies of a domestic and international pool of capitals looking for real estate/retail and fixed income returns.
Previous experience can include:
- Financial Product experience at leading NBFCs(Capital Float, Lendingkart, Indifi, IDFC First, PayU, etc)
- Investment banking at a leading investment bank: think local BB(Deutsche, Citi, JPM, Standard Chartered)
- Private Wealth Management(Standard Chartered, ICICI, etc)
- Boutique Small Investment Banks.
- Strategic Finance Units of large venture-backed companies including OYO.
Candidate with prior experience of doing the same for a funded startup will be given priority.