Principal Consultant at Talent Leads Consultants
Views:624 Applications:150 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:97
Lead/Specialist - Strategic Sourcing - Transformers/Switchboards/Switching (5-10 yrs)
Strategic Sourcing Lead (Specialist)-Transformers, Switchboards, Switching
Full Time, Permanent
Collaborate globally within PC Systems business to deliver best Strategic Sourcing opportunities for Systems and BOP - SPOC and responsible for End to End Techno-Commercial Evaluation, Sourcing and Procurement support for System and Balance of Plant Products / Solutions involving Transformers, Switchboards, Switchgear, Power supply units, Chiller, Power electronics, E-Houses, Motors, Generators, Instrumentation and HVAC system etc. meeting Target Cost..
Essential Responsibility :
- Evaluation of Design to Cost (DTC) approach
- Should cost analysis through aPriori, Boothroyd & empirical evaluation.
- Data-based analysis to drive cost-benefit for Component Cost (DMP) & Mfg process (DLP)
- Detailed Should cost analysis based on material, manufacturing processes, and other cost elements for both Built to Spec and Built to Print products through analytical, tear down approach.
- Supplier Integration and Strategic Sourcing to meet all the requirements for lead time, performance, reliability, cost and manufacturability in Systems and BOP Equipment- s
- Global Spend analysis, Specifications mapping and data analytics by commodity, divisions, suppliers etc.
- Ability to identify opportunities through Make Vs Buy, Volume Consolidation, Technical Specification standardization and influence the global cross-functional teams to adapt the identified opportunities.
- Market connect to Identify suppliers globally and locally, with the capability to manufacture and supply required commodities.
- Cost-based benchmarking analysis and provide insight into opportunities to improve cost structure(s).
- Excellent ability to develop, & manage strategic supplier relationships, leveraging above-average business acumen.
- Lead supplier RFx (Requests for Proposal/Quotation etc.) processes for PC Systems to ensure a rapid response for competitive price/quality/lead time trade-off- s
- Work with platform owners early at the design phase to integrate DTC best practices and adopt supplier standard parts & processes to PPS
- Able to Influence cross-functional teams, Operations, Supply Chain, Engineering and Product Management to drive cost out and implementation of long-term commodity sourcing strategies resulting in best-in-class Productivity, Quality, Delivery and Cost on all categories
- Support regional team Sourcing & Manufacturing at Factory / Vendor facility
- Ability to travel up to 20-30% of the time, both domestic and international
- Bachelor's / Master's degree in Electrical and Electronics/ Electronics and communications Engineering or Equivalent.
- Min. 5 - 10 years of Systems and BOP related components (Renewables / Oil & Gas / Marine / Metal Process Industrial knowledge preferred).
- Minimum 3+ years- experience in Strategic Sourcing Engineering role for Systems and BOP Equipment.
- Familiarity with Design & Development approach for BOP components, exposure to IEC & UL standards.
- Need to Possess extensive Product and component-level knowledge (Understanding Configurations, application, specifications, BOM, SLD) and Manufacturing process.
- Detailed understanding on material selection criteria, available standard raw material sizes in the market.
- Excellent communication, presentation & influencing skills
Experience: 5 to 10 years
Annual CTC: Rupees 20,00,000