Senior Manager at Talent Ahead
Views:766 Applications:141 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:8
Lead/Senior Manager - Commercial/Procurement - Chemicals Business (12-18 yrs)
Opening with one of the leading chemical companies in India for the position of Lead Commercial/ Senior Manager Procurement
Job title: Lead Commercial
2. Location: Nellore(Andhra Pradesh)
3. Reporting to: Business Head
4. Job Purpose : To manage and lead commercial function at factory and extend support to Business Development team.
5. Key responsibilities :
- Responsible for planning & procurement of raw material, plant chemicals, Engg spares, consumables and general items required for uninterrupted plant operation
- Establishing, documenting, implementing, reviewing and updating procurement procedures and annual contracts through SAP
- Manage in-house and outsourced warehouse/stores operations as per the defined standards and processes.
- Responsible for local vendor development, selection, vendor performance evaluation etc.
- Sale of surplus material/Scrap/Assets as directed by management.
- Ensuring adherence to safety standards while purchasing plant machinery, equipment, chemicals, etc. Ensuring compliance to all statutory requirements
- Extend support to inventory management, stock audits, reconciliations, etc
- Responsible for outbound logistics for finished products till last mile and as per the dispatch plan.
6. Essential Attributes:
- Material Management skills
- Commercial acumen
- Logistics Management skills
- Negotiation skills
- Vendor management skills
- Warehousing operations expertise
- SAP working skills
- Inter-personal effectiveness
7. Desired Attributes:
- Scrap management & disposal processes.
- 5S implementation experience
8. Years of experience : 12 to 16 years of relevant experience in FMCG / Pharmaceutical / Nutritional Supply Chain Operations.
9. Qualification : Degree in Mechanical Engineering OR Masters in Supply Chain OR Materials Management from a reputed university or Institute.