Senior Staffing Specialist at Pylon Management Consulting
Views:43 Applications:10 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:6
Lead/Senior Lead/Analyst - Governance & Forensic Accounting - Consulting/BFS (5-10 yrs)
Lead/Senior Lead - Governance & Forensic Accounting Analyst
The Purpose of This Role:
- We are seeking candidates for the role of Governance & Forensic Accounting (GFA) Analyst who are passionate about forensic accounting, fraud investigations & corporate governance. S/he should have experience analysing/investigating/rating companies based on governance/accounting quality. The ideal candidate will bring in subject matter expertise on governance, accounting, fraud investing and financial due diligence, along with understanding of financial markets and impact of accounting/governance on investment performance.
- This is an independent analyst role with global coverage, rating stocks on corporate governance & forensic accounting issues. The candidate should possess excellent communication, presentation and writing skills and be able to clearly articulate research findings. This role requires someone who is hard working, hungry to learn and achievement- and results-oriented.
The Value You Deliver :
- Governance & Forensic Accounting (GFA) Analyst will carry out in-depth research on portfolio companies, engage with company management, and present his/her findings to the portfolio manager in the form of research note and rating. Critical insights from the GFA analyst can help investors identify risks and opportunities which are typically not covered in traditional investment research, thus playing a very important role in the investment process.
- When analysing a company, GFA analyst would conduct very detailed research in broad areas to identify risks which could impact our investments like history of the company, board, management, forensic accounting, legal & regulatory issues. Apart from these, analyst is expected to interview industry experts, customers, suppliers, competitors etc to gain insights into the company.
- Associate communicates his/her findings from forensic review of company with the investment professionals and help them generate action.
- Work closely with global portfolio managers and fundamental analyst located in Hong Kong, Tokyo, London, and Boston to coordinate and collaborate on governance and forensic accounting research.
- Independently run meetings with senior managements (CEOs, CFOs, COO, board members and IR) of global corporates
- Publish thematic research, thought leadership notes and educational series to help investment professionals on key areas of governance and forensic accounting.
- Engage with board of directors/management of the companies and help them improve on their governance quality and disclosure
- Help PMs by proactively monitoring fund holdings for accounting & governance red flags, short seller attacks, controversies, PEP, sanctions etc.
- Build industry connects with sell-side, expert networks, industry bodies etc. to have eyes & ears on ground
- Engage with market regulators, stock exchanges and industry bodies via consultation papers, round tables etc. to improve the regulatory framework (especially in emerging markets)
- Conduct market intelligence either in-person or though approved vendors/specialists
Technical / Behavioral :
- The candidate should be an independent thinker with the ability to effectively articulate his/her research analysis with experience and interest in Governance & forensic accounting research
- An excellent working knowledge of accounting practices & corporate governance best practices
- Strong analytical, quantitative, and problem-solving skills
- The role is largely self-driven and self-managed, with minimal supervision on a day-to-day basis.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills as the role interact extensively with people of various nationalities in different locations.
- Ability to work with limited information and influence stakeholders
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and be able to work under pressure and time constraints.
- Excellent presentation and writing skills and be able to clearly articulate research findings
The Skills that are Good to Have for this role :
- An understanding of companies, markets and the investment process is preferred
- Exposure to financial databases such as Bloomberg, FactSet etc. is desirable but not mandatory
- Experience in sourcing, manipulating, and presenting data
- The ability to work with external information sources (analysts, companies, consultants)