Talent Acquisition at Third Sector Partners
Views:395 Applications:73 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:1
Lead - Sectors Vertical - NGO (12-25 yrs)
Organization: INDIA CLIMATE COLLABORATIVE
Job Title: SECTORS LEAD
Reports to: PROGRAM LEAD
Location: MUMBAI / DELHI
The India Climate Collaborative (ICC), registered as 'Council of Philanthropies for Climate Action' (CPCA), is a collective working to identify critical sectors that need investment, drive funding towards climate solutions, and enable private and corporate philanthropy to engage more effectively with climate action. ICC works closely with the climate ecosystem, including research organisations, implementers, government stakeholders, businesses, and more, as well as engage with the domestic and international donor base to ensure that funding flows towards high-impact climate solutions. ICC was founded by some of India's pre-eminent corporate and philanthropic leaders, including Rohini Nilekani, Ratan Tata, Anand Mahindra, Nadir Godrej, and others.
ICC is a small, tight- knit team driven by a shared passion for achieving the ICC's mission and vision. An ideal addition to the team will be a self-starter, always willing to roll up their sleeves and get stuff done. The organization would prefer candidates with a good eye for detail, commitment to a high quality of output, and a team-centric mindset.
Reason for the hire:
This is a replacement role as the current incumbent is transitioning to another role within the organization.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Management of Sectors Vertical (50%):
- Monitor sectoral programs and actively refine the collaborative value proposition in key spaces like Nature Based solutions, Ag-Energy, Energy Transitions, Agroecology, Climate Risks and Disasters etc. Develop and strengthen methods to measure the impact of ICC's sectoral investments
- Develop and implement an integrated Grant management and reporting Framework to streamline organisations projects and programs in coordination with Engagement team
- Take a portfolio-wide view of ICC's investments, working closely with the team to grow and expand its funder-related work
- Build and deploy a sectors intelligence unit within the business vertical to provide technical expertise and intelligence to other verticals
- Oversee spending of committed grants and partner contracts
Strategic Support to Organisation Goals (20%):
- Provide strategic support during development phase of ICL business vertical; facilitating technically sound focus of solutions set to developed
- Contribute to strategy exercises of the organisation, and work with the Leadership and Board to strengthen the ICC as a nodal body for Indian climate action
Incubating and Maintaining Key stakeholder relationships (20%):
- Represent the organisation and its interests at key external fora to ensure better alignment with domestic and international climate ecosystem
- Maintain key institutional and sectoral donor relationships
- Ensuring ICC organisational mandates are informed by and aligned with key institutional actors including Government, Industry, Civil Society etc.
General Support (10%):
- Participate in the development, implementation, and monitoring of the ICC's annual operating budget, as well as engagement budgets, goals, and timelines
Support with development of key organisation scaling systems and processes - an integrated cross-vertical results measurement framework; accounting mechanisms for funding mobilised; key stakeholders' databases; KPIs framework etc.
Note: The roles and responsibilities outlined above are not meant to be an exhaustive list of tasks. The need for flexibility is required and the job holder is expected to carry out any other related duties that are within the employee's skills and abilities whenever reasonably instructed.
- Bachelor's/Master's degree in the fields of sustainable energy or related subjects with 12 to 15+ years of relevant work experience
- Strong understanding of the climate mitigation and adaptation strategies with a special focus on Indian landscape and some knowledge around climate technologies
- High level of comfort and effectiveness in working with ultra-high-net-worth donors and organizational leaders
- Strong project planning skills; ability to define workstreams for others, manage multiple timelines and deadlines
- Outstanding interpersonal and relationship building skills and convening capabilities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with ability to be both persuasive and attentive. Ability to convey a point of view in a concise and structured way; influence key stakeholders to action through storytelling and data
- Proven ability to lead, engage, and collaborate with staff and partners across various cultures and backgrounds to achieve shared goals
- Experience managing team members in inclusive and supportive ways; demonstrated ability to coach and develop others through feedback and collaboration
- Understanding climate change and/or passion for learning more about it.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced & dynamic environment.
- Demonstrated agility and adaptability in entrepreneurial, ambiguous, or changing environments
- Candidates with experience in the environment or development sector or working at/with a philanthropy will be given preference.
Third Sector Partners is a pioneering cause-connected executive search firm and has been retained for this position. Interested candidates can send in their CVs along with three references and a cover note. The last date to send in your application is June 30th 2023
Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.