Lead - HR Business Partner at Lead School
Views:863 Applications:198 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:3
LEAD School - Senior Manager/AVP - Procurement - IIM/ISB/FMS/MDI (4-5 yrs)
LEAD School - Senior Manager/AVP - Procurement
About us :
LEAD is the market leader and the first edtech UNICORN of 2022. It is the fastest-growing School EdTech company in India. Fortune has recognized us as one of India's top 24 Employers of the Future in June 2022. We partner with Affordable Private Schools across the country and empower them with the tools and resources that transform them into centers of excellence. Our enhanced performance monitoring tools, dedicated lesson plans, and tech-based solutions enable educators to provide students with the best education.
Our mission is to provide excellent education to every child. We have seen rapid adoption growing 13X over the last two years with our School Integrated System implemented in over 3500 schools across the country.
LEAD - Growth Highlights :
- Raised $100 Mn in a Series E round and became the first Ed Tech Unicorn of 2022 (Business Standard - LEAD becomes first edtech unicorn of 2022)
- Our co-Founder & Co- CEO Smita Deorah is the only leader from India to win the Power of Women (POW) 2022 award held in the USA! (ASU+GSV Summit)
- LEAD has won in the 'Most Innovative Product/Service' sub-category, ('Unicorn' category), at the Businessworld
- Unicorn Awards 2022
- We are building a B2B + At-home Learning business, which is a US $14B market opportunity across 120 Mn Private School students in India, alone.
- Education Leadership Award by American Leadership Board in 2018.
- Best School Management Award in 2019.
- LEAD has entered into an agreement with Pearson, the world's leading learning company, to acquire its local K-12 learning business in India. With this acquisition, LEAD will immediately expand its reach to over 9000 schools and will further enhance its product portfolio to cater to the entire spectrum of 5 lakh+ private schools in India.'
JOB DESCRIPTION :
Purpose of the Job : Our Procurement Head will be a supply chain and procurement specialist who will specialize in implementing cost-effective purchases of all goods and services, as required by the company. Ensuring quality control and adhering to the company's policies and procedures on supply chain management will be some of your main priorities when carrying out this role.
- Developing procurement strategies that are inventive and cost-effective.
- Sourcing and engaging reliable suppliers and vendors.
- Negotiating with suppliers and vendors to secure advantageous terms.
- Reviewing existing contracts with suppliers and vendors to ensure on-going feasibility.
- Building and maintaining long-term relationships with vendors and suppliers.
- Developing new vendors across all purchase categories - Printing, IT Assets (TV, Tablet, Laptops, Storage devices)
- Approving purchase orders and organizing and confirming delivery of goods and services.
- Performing risk assessments on potential contracts and agreements.
- Controlling the procurement budget and promoting a culture of long-term saving on procurement costs.
- Overseeing and managing the IT systems that track shipments, inventory, and the supply of goods.
- Master's degree from a premium institute.
- Minimum 4-5 years in supply chain function (at least with last 2 years in procurement at managerial level)
- Experience across Printing & Publishing, FMCG, Logistics, Supply Chain, and E-commerce Industry preferred.
- Effective communication and exposure of dealing with senior management.
- Proven working experience in pan-India procurement, warehousing strategy, and logistics management.
Proven experience in supply chain P&L management.
- Proven experience in sourcing, negotiation, vendor, and project management.
- Excellent leadership and analytical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills: outstanding in teamwork, ability to work successfully with teams across the org.
- Strong problem solving, Detail orientation, execution excellence & entrepreneurial spirit.
- Experience in leading a team of people.
- Contributions to the Education industry are desirable.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines in a high-paced work environment.
- Information Technology and Automation Knowledge
- A Grasp of Economics and Market Dynamics
- Understanding Cost-to-serve
- The Skill of Flexibility
- Project Management Skills
- The Ability to Get the Best from People
Department : Supply Chain
Location : Mumbai