Consultant at Tyche Jobs Executive Search Consultant
Views:296 Applications:60 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:3
Lead - Research & Development - FMCG (10-20 yrs)
Research and development lead
- This is a key role within Learning and Work Institute's research and development team. You will be responsible for leading, managing and delivering high profile research and development work, and supporting colleagues within the organisation to do the same.
- The role will involve providing effective leadership and oversight of a range of programmes and projects across learning, skills and employment. This includes: building relationships with
key funders, partners and decision-makers; proactively generating income and business development opportunities; leading a programme of research and development work aligned to our strategic plan; overseeing the quality and delivery of programmes and projects; and ensuring that our work achieves a positive impact on policy and practice research.
- You will bring extensive expertise in applied research, a track record in leading projects and in business development, and a good understanding of the policy and delivery context for learning, skills and/or employment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design and lead research and development programmes and projects across the breadth of L&Ws strategic priorities - ensuring that work is delivered to time and quality expectations, within budget, and with appropriate measures of its impact.
- Work with colleagues to identify and secure sources of income including through proactive approaches to funders and partners, responding to tenders and calls for proposals, and through the development of products and services.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships and networks with key stakeholders involved in relevant policy, delivery and research - including national and local government, other national/local agencies, trusts and foundations, service providers, and other research centres and think tanks.
- Keep up to date with key developments in policy, research and practice on learning, skills and employment; and on innovations in research and evaluation methods and tools.
- Proactively provide advice, support and guidance to colleagues across L&W in order to improve the quality and impact of our research, working closely with other Heads within the R&D team and with the Senior Management Team.
- Contribute to the personal and professional development of the L&W research team, including through line management of senior researchers and/ or researchers.
- Work with the head of policy and communications to communicate and promote our work and to identify opportunities for research and evidence to influence policy and practice across L&W activities.
- Contribute a positive, open and collaborative leadership style to the organisation, operating in line with Learning and Work Institute's core values and Staff Charter.
- Support the governance of the organisation, including by producing or contributing to reports and presentations for the Company Board.
- Demonstrate a commitment to equality of opportunity.
- Travel and occasional overnight stays will be required.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.