CEO at Mizizi Management System Pvt. Ltd.
Views:400 Applications:125 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:11
Lead - Procurement/Purchase - Paints/Home Building/TMT/Manufacturing (8-15 yrs)
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Plan, organize and control, and evaluate the purchase of RM & PM at the most competitive prices and help reduce/ hold product costs to improve profitability.
- Expertise in the procurement of chemicals for decorative & industrial paints, emulsions, extenders, T102, additives, etc.
- Ensure the right quality of materials in accordance with specified quality standards.
- Regularly Co-ordinate with procurement vendors for competitive pricing and timely availability
- Ensure availability of material at all manufacturing locations, without any loss of production.
- Maintain cost-effective inventory with the least lead time and without compromising production schedules.
- Ensure closure of complaints related to the quality of materials with the plant QA team.
- Forecasting levels of demand for services and products to meet the business needs and keeping a constant check on stock levels.
- Promptly advise the manufacturing plants, labs, and purchasers on supply and pricing changes as per company guidelines.
- Be aware of the requirements of each plant and lab and work in coordination with other purchasers and management to develop long-term inventory plans for materials to ensure production levels are met.
- Negotiate best pricing options including rebates coordinating the administration of the rebates with the Finance department.
- Keep Labs abreast of discussions with suppliers.
- Work in conjunction with the technical departments to determine primary and secondary material sources.
- Keep abreast of new technologies and make recommendations to technical departments as required.
Key Technical Expertise:
- Have considerable knowledge of methods of analyzing suppliers & materials, contract language, compliance requirements, and financial risk.
- Has the ability to develop & execute business continuity/strategic plans to provide direction toward the achievement of financial targets.
- Knowledge of the paint manufacturing process and Operational knowledge of internal purchasing systems
- Experience in the order and control of raw material inventory.
- Considerable knowledge of laws, ordinances, and regulations pertaining to corporate purchasing practices.
- Has strong 'hands-on' people management, stakeholder management, team building, leadership, and coaching skills.
- Be excellent in negotiation, oral, and written communication skills.
- A well-defined sense of diplomacy, including solid negotiation, conflict resolution, and people management skills.
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with corporate departments and key business partners.
- Understanding of paint and paint formulations.
- Knowledge of health and safety regulations.
- Experience in handling procurement tools like SAP MM, and Advanced Excel will be preferred.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.