Analytics Recruiter at Apidel
Views:4260 Applications:112 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:96
Lead - PPNR/Model Development - BFSI (3-9 yrs)
- Ph.D. or Master in Statistics/ Economics/Mathematics/advanced degree in a quantitative area
- Or B.tech. from tier 1 college with an MBA in a related field
- Strong understanding of US regulatory framework including CCAR, DFAST, and SR-11/7.
- Minimum 1-3 years of hands-on PPNR modeling experience
- Strong conceptual and technical knowledge of risk concepts and quantitative modeling techniques including familiarity with statistical concepts used in stress testing. Strong quantitative skills experience in model validation a plus.
- Experience in R, SAS, Matlab, advanced Excel techniques and VBA programming. SAS is a must.
- Strong experience in a model building using linear regression models, nonlinear regression, time series approaches (ARIMAX, AR, VAR, MA ), or a similar technique.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (English).
- Experience of working in a multi-cultural and global environment.
- Responsible for all phases of model development for PPNR models (fees, deposits, loan, etc.) including model and methodology design, exploratory data analysis, model selection, testing, implementation, documentation, and ongoing monitoring. Acts as point of contact for PPNR models with regulators, Audit Services, and other independent reviewers.
- Responsible for direct interaction with various committees and/or senior management. Ensures that PPNR model projections meet both internal corporate needs and regulatory requirements.
- Ensures regular production of high-quality analytical work for self and leads all activities of a small team of risk analytics professionals. Trains junior staff on model development, recalibration, monitoring and implementation of models.
- Acts as subject matter expert, providing comprehensive, in-depth consulting and leadership to team and partners. Resolves complex issues in PPNR modeling, risk quantification, risk modeling methodologies, and other aspects of risk measurement to enhance overall risk framework.
- Works with senior team members to evaluate existing processes in relation to corporate objectives and industry practice. Assesses development needs and manages processes to achieve the desired future state.
- Works with other Risk teams to ensure that risk management policies/processes and quantitative modeling approaches are consistent. Contributes to communication and training efforts to promote understanding of risk management throughout the company.
- Operates independently; has in-depth knowledge of business unit/function, balance sheet and income statements.