Independent Legal Recruiter at Avimukta
Views:156 Applications:15 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:13
Lead/Patent Agent - Intellectual Property Rights - Manufacturing Firm - LLB (12-14 yrs)
IPR Lead - Patent Agent + LLB - Manufacturing Company
Reporting To : Head of Department (Legal)
Organizational Description : One of the largest Manufacturing Companies in India is looking to hire for this role.
Major Areas of Responsibilities :
Strategizing end to end IP protection for the Company including :
- Strategizing IP protection of Iconic brand
- Strategizing support for innovation in products and designs
- Risk mitigation by structuring, building and maintaining process check points in the products development cycle so as to ensure Company is not in breach of third party IP.
This role manages a team of 3 (Patents Attorney; Trademarks Attorney; and Trademarks Support) and as a team they manage the below key areas :
- Inventions - Managing Protection of Patentable Inventions and Freedom to Operate analysis
- Advise on Patentability - including evaluating inventions with inventors.
- Advice on Freedom to Operate - including analyzing issued or pending patents to assess whether a product / process may be considered to infringe any patent(s) owned by others.
- Patent Drafting and filing - Draft specifications (detailed descriptions) covering techno-legal aspects of patentable inventions.
- Examination of Patents
- Preparing responses to examination reports from patent examiners
- Managing hearings before patent examiners and preparing responses.
- Advise on white-space analysis - including preparing reports of existing, granted and filed patents and informing the inventors/designers of a space which can be explored further for development of new products, services and processes.
- Conducting Trademark Availability Searches and providing advisory to business of registration on TM
- Portfolio management
Essential Qualification :
- Candidate should be a registered Patent Agent with the Indian Patent Office with minimum 12-14 years of experience in drafting and prosecution of patent applications (at a law firm or in-house IP department) and having thorough understanding and experience of searching across various paid and unpaid databases.
- Bachelors Degree in Law.
- Registered Patent Agent and TM Attorney
Desired Qualification : Experience of managing non-disclosure agreements (NDA)
Experience : 12 - 14 years of experience
Industry Preference : IP law firm practice