HR Consultant at Skyleaf Consultants
Views:953 Applications:407 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:22
Lead - Merger & Acquisition - Investment Firm - Buy Side - IIM/ISB Only (5-10 yrs)
The preference would be for an MBA (rather than CA) and for M&A experience in a consulting or private equity firm, rather than in a corporate context.
1. Capability building
1. Set up M&A function.
2. Collaborate with business leads and board to define M&A strategy
3. Develop M&A playbook for the group
4. Support business units in their preparation for an acquisition - identification and training of deal owners, integration managers, setting up monitoring and reporting frameworks, etc.
2. External relations
1. Maintain relationships with deal sources (e.g., VC funds), and external advisors
2. External communications - portraying the group as an acquirer of choice
3. M&A Deal management
1. Prepare a deal pipeline in areas of interest and gauge deal interest from targets
2. Orchestrate deal execution through co-ordination with internal stakeholders
(Business leader, Deal owner, VDO, Finance, Legal) and external partners to achieve the following
i. Identification of targets
ii. Valuation, deal structuring, Term sheet / NBO development
iii. Due diligence
iv. Transaction documentation / definitive agreements
v. Board approval at various stages
3. Coordinate with business / deal owner to ensure preparation of post-merger integration plans
4. Conduct periodic evaluations of concluded transactions and submit reports to the Board
1. 5+ years of relevant experience
a. Required: M&A - deal structuring and execution experience across the entire deal cycle, preferably on the buy side
b. Preferred: Experience in agribusiness, food and consumer brands space
2. Background in Investment banking | PE/VC | Management consulting | Corporate strategy in large organisations
3. Educational background - CA/ MBA in Finance &/or Strategy from premier B-schools
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.