Managing Director at Edge In Asia Recruitment Private Limited
Views:97 Applications:28 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Lead - Market Risk Reporting - Investment Banking (5-10 yrs)
One of our clients who is a leading investment banking firm with presence across globe, planning to expand market risk reporting team in Mumbai. Hence, actively looking to hire candidates with at least 5+ years of hands-on risk reporting (credit/market risk) within an investment bank or associated consulting firms.
Some of the key responsibilities will include:
- Participate in tasks across the breadth of services from front to back, cross team collaboration to learn about Front office -data governance process and market data update function.
- Seek to perform daily market data update process, clearing exceptions, altering rules and source mappings as necessary.
- Perform analysis using the VaR engine to quantify impacts of versioned updates to the market data set and project releases.
- Evaluate quality and suitability of existing source data, mappings, and instrument type categorizations and associated rules (including benching decisions).
- Collaborate across the team to work on current book of work items such as data quality issue resolution, front to back source data alignment.
- Identify areas of weakness in processes/systems and ensure that these are captured in the change management system.
- Liaise with market data and other risk systems IT support to specify and test system improvements.
To be eligible for this role you will require:
- Qualified degree in the field of mathematics or finance / accounting or engineering.
- Experience in the field of Credit / Market risk (Preferably in the banking sector).
- Proficient in financial products across different asset and risk classes, the various risk factors (aka risk types) and the associated market data.
- Conceptual understanding of different VaR models and impact on VaR due to market moves.
- Experience on working with external data providers such as Bloomberg / Reuters / Markit.