Manager - Risk/Digital & Analytics Practice at Michael Page India
Views:2076 Applications:31 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:7
Lead - Market Risk Model Validation & Methodology - Bank - IIM/IIT/ISI (8-13 yrs)
About Our Client :
Our client is a leading Middle Eastern bank with operations across the world. They are looking at expanding operations and are setting up business in India, they are looking for a seasoned professional having solid exposure to diverse areas within the market risk domain.
Job Description :
Reporting into the Group Risk head, you would start off as in individual contributor and would be responsible for setting up the market risk model development & validation function from scratch. The primary objective of this function would be to support the Valuation Risk within the Group Market Risk while covering IRD, FX and Commodities & Credit derivatives models.
Your key responsibilities shall include :
- Carry out an independent detailed validation of existing pricing models in the following asset classes: IR, FX, Equity, Commodity and credit.
- Improve the current products/models with a special emphasis on valuation and risk management.
- Define the methodology for a complete and consistent risk capture in conjunction with Front Office and other Risk & Control functions.
- Assist senior management building a clear view on the valuation model risk within the Group
- Assist a team of Risk Analysts in any quantitative analysis and development
- Eventually build an independent library of pricing tools
The Successful Applicant :
- You are a PHD or Master's in Statistics / Economics/ Mathematics/ Science or any other quantitative discipline from a Tier 1 institution (IIT's, IIM's, ISI) with minimum 8 years of experience in the Market Risk/quant domain
- Certifications such as CFA, PRMIA, GARP, ACT/MCT, FRM, PRM, CQF shall be preferred
- Broad knowledge of financial markets, financial mathematics, industry best practice risk modelling methodologies, knowledge of financial products (FI, FX, commodities, equities, derivatives), their pricing models and a basic knowledge of stochastic calculus, statistics and numerical resolution methods.
- Essential skills include the ability to develop models in C++ or Matlab environment
- Strong knowledge of quantitative models (multi-curve framework, interest rate models and volatility, commodities and credit derivatives).
- Hands-on experience with model implementations using Monte Carlo simulation, tree method and finite difference method.
- Advanced mathematical skills and previous experience working as a quant with financial quantitative modelling and risk analytics.
- Knowledge of Murex, Numerix would be a distinct advantage
What's on Offer :
Excellent work life balance in a very meritocratic culture with leading MNC. This role would offer you variation, stability and career progression in addition to a highly competitive compensation
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.