Partner at Development Sector Partners
Views:1777 Applications:269 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:71
Lead/Head - Public Health Program - NGO (15-20 yrs)
Project Management Expert to Lead Public Health Program - International NGO
This job has been posted by Development Sector Partners (www.dspartners.in) on behalf of our client - an International NGO. The position based at Delhi, heads the Human Resource (HR) function and is on the payrolls of our client which is an International NGO.
Role : Lead/Head - Public Health Program
Employment Status: Regular - Full time
Location: New Delhi
Reporting Manager: Head of Programs Function of the NGO
Ability to Travel: 25~30% time
- The candidate will report to and support Director - Programs to oversee implementation of the NGO's Flagship Public Health focused programmatic intervention being administered across over 10 states in India.
- The position is responsible for managing all aspects of program implementation (via Program Managers & State teams), including strategic planning & Advocacy, development of operations plans, capacity building,Strong team management/conflict management skills, Policy advocacy and reporting etc
Key skills required to excel in this role includes : Candidate's proficiency in excellent program management & project implementation skills leading a public health program while at the same time imparting coaching to team members thus ensuring performance driven teams spread across multiple states.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Program Management & Implementation :
- Adeptness at managing all activities comprising the entire Program value chain
- Provide leadership, guidance and mentoring support to program teams at Delhi and state level and build their professional capacities both for personal growth as well as organisational needs;
- Lead the formulation of annual work-plans and budgets for state programs including in the drafting and finalization of program reports and related deliverables;
- Develop the Program Operations Plan; Identify H.R requirements across state offices;
- Review field program activities including monitoring financial reports with program team and state offices on a periodic basis and identify and correct performance problems;
- Provide inputs/ lead training and other capacity building initiatives for program and state teams and implementing partners to ensure high quality program design;
- Collaborate with Program Support Unit at Delhi office for transfer of knowledge and replication of best practices across states;
Partnership Development and Management:
- Identify, engage and advocate with key government officials at centre and state and other stakeholders including technical agencies resulting in increased commitment to the flagship program;
- In coordination with the programs team, work with all partners (including departments of Education, Women and Child development and Health) to ensure the implementation of high quality across the program following standard protocols and operational practice;
- Attend meetings with all concerned stakeholders and development partners related to program integration and expansion, as well as for disseminating results and lessons learned;
- Work with Head - Programs in developing concept notes and proposals, budgets and progress reports for submission to stakeholders for expansion of technical assistance to other states
Strategic Planning :
- Work with the HO teams (Program, M&E, Communications, others) and state-based teams to critically design program components to align with Government efforts;
- Identify and assess various program benefits and risks associated with providing technical assistance to state governments on the program, and develop mitigation strategies to overcome any such risks;
- Work with state teams and others at Delhi office to implement robust systems for field operations, especially related to drug logistics, independent monitoring;
- Support the leadership and senior management in development and implementation of sustainability plans through further institutionalization of the program at national and state level;
- Support the leadership and senior management in development of exit strategies of the NGOs technical assistance to be implemented in parallel to the sustainability plan.
- Minimum 15+ years of experience. Doctoral / Master's degree in social sciences, public health, health management or related disciplines;
- Hold Project Management/PMP Certification
- Self-directed and self-motivating personality, with proven ability to manage demands from multiple stakeholders while adhering to deadlines and priorities;
- Strong technical skills and capacity, with at least 6-8 years of working with international organizations, particularly on technical and advisory services with governments;
- Strong analytical skills and expertise to review, analyze and use quantitative and qualitative data for decision making related to program improvements;
- A critical, analytical, and process-oriented thinker with a willingness to form and adjust opinions based on evidence;
- A good understanding and experience in consulting or other client-based and service-oriented roles;
Interested candidates should send across their profiles to Development Sector Partners
The proposed salary band (CTC) for this position shall be within 20~24 lacs p.a.
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
This job has been posted by Development Sector Partners (www.dspartners.in) on behalf of our client - an International NGO
We, Development Sector Partners (www.dspartners.in) are a boutique firm focused on offering strategic research & consulting and talent acquisition requirements to the not-for-profit sector predominantly comprising National & international NGOs; Funding Agencies & Institutions engaged in Social and Economic Development and Corporates managing/implementing Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) programs
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.