Consultant at Hunter - Z Research Private Limited
Views:2948 Applications:52 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:16
Lead - Global Tax Operations - IT - CA/CPA (5-14 yrs)
The Lead - Global Tax Operations will be responsible for tax operations, reporting and compliance across all of company's global operations in numerous countries. It provides immense opportunity for the right candidate for learning, taking on additional challenges and growing with the overall taxation as well as the overall finance org.
Job Description :
- Tax Operations : Ensure prompt and timely filing of returns and other compliances for the following : US State Sales Tax. Other US State taxes. Other Geos : VAT returns. US Federal and other geo income taxes: along with Tax Summary Reconciliation and Tax Return Item Memo
- Transfer Pricing: Ensure inter-company invoices are promptly raised and accounted, In accordance with Transfer Pricing Agreements. Ensure prompt filing of returns and other compliances, including appropriate documentation, in each geo
- Periodic review of nexus and potential exposure to state sales and other taxes
- Advance tax: Ensure correct calculations and prompt payment of advance tax in all applicable geos
- Ensure other compliances (such as iXBRL tagging in UK etc.)
- Tax and related compliance calendar: Work with the tax counsel to maintain and keep updated a tax and compliance calendar for each geo
- Tax status summary for each geo (both direct and indirect taxes): returns due, returns filed, assessments completed, pending, litigation cases etc
- Tax accounting and financial reporting: Support the accurate preparation of the Company's Federal / Foreign income tax expense (both current and deferred) and withholding taxes for financial statement purposes. Evaluate uncertain tax reporting positions and business combinations in order to properly reflect the tax treatment of such items in the financial statements. Ensure compliance with ASC 740. You are expected to assist with preparing tax provision workings for US Federal tax, India and other geos income tax (per local GAAP) as well as deferred tax computations.
Tax strategy and planning:
- Work with tax counsel to evaluate tax planning strategies and initiatives which minimize the Global Effective Tax Rate, on a defensible basis. This will include review and evaluation of entity (Company vs. LLP, Subsidiary vs. Branch etc.) and transfer pricing structures, Global Employment Organization etc. Review tax Research
- Participate in the review of proposed M&A transactions to properly advise management of tax consequences. Support the Federal income tax integration of business acquisitions
- Work with tax counsel to review potential exposures related to Permanent Establishment, withholding tax, and VAT exposures in each country that the Company operates in.
- Leadership and Teamwork - Lead, mentor, and develop the international section of the US income tax group. Direct external tax advisors on project-by-project basics.
- Bachelor's in accounting, with an emphasis in taxation. CPA or Chartered Accountant
- Knowledge of principles of taxation: Global Effective Tax Rates, Transfer Pricing (Functions / Assets / Risks analysis, Economic Analysis etc.), concept of nexus, Permanent Establishment, withholding taxes, Fringe Benefit Tax, taxation on stock based compensation, deferred taxes etc
- Broad technical knowledge of US and international tax law and regulations
- 5 to 8 years experience in a global tax team with multinational companies or in accounting firms servicing US or European customers; Big four accounting experience preference
- Solid GAAP Financial Accounting / ASC 740 knowledge
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Effective presentation skills
Communication: Strong verbal and written communication skills
- A proactive, high energy attitude geared towards achieving continuous improvement
Flexibility: Ability to operate in a fast paced, rapidly evolving, and data driven organization