Lead - F&V New Product Development - Startup (10-15 yrs)
F&V NPD Lead (Startup)
We are currently retained by a leading agri-tech player (well-funded and established) to hire an Agronomist- F&V (NPD) for them.
Want to join an agri startup and help in working on F&V productivity/new variants then this is great role.
This role will collaborate with the F&V/Exports business to strategize on crop productivity, developing new crops/varieties new markets, and working as an internal consultant to provide insights in order to drive productivity and scale of production and sales. So please apply only if you understand agronomy from an output perspective and not input and have good understanding of F&V market.
This is a New Product Development (NPD) role in fruits & vegetables primarily and is a commercial role so please apply on if you fit the bill.
The role requires the person to be able to:
- Work on New Product Development (NPD) in fruits & vegetables
- Evaluate and suggest new varieties of seeds for F&V
- Lead products trials, results, and taking crops to commercialization
- Analyze and present data to management on F&V NPD
- Assess and forecast crops, geography (domestic & abroad), and current/future business opportunities and markets that can be leveraged
- Work as an internal consultant for business strategies, sales, and NPD for the output/exports business opportunities
- Developing better planting, cultivation, and harvesting techniques, improving crop yield, and solving problems for clients.
To fit the bill, you must have:
- Bachelor's degree in agronomy, agriculture with 10 to 15 years of experience
- Commercial experience of leading F&V agronomy
- In-depth knowledge of crop cultivation, plant pathology, and etymology
- Outstanding research & analytical skills
- Strong research, decision making, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- Agility to work in a fast pace startup
If you think you fit the bill then do send us a cover note on your experience, fitment along with your detailed CV and CTC. We will get back to you.