HR Consulting Partner at UpWord Global
Views:3890 Applications:232 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:21
Lead - Employee Relations - Logistics Firm (12-15 yrs)
Employee Relations Lead (HR & IR)
Implement the organization's employee and labour relations strategy and ongoing activities related to the relationship with labour organizations and minimize any negative impact of collective dispute. Create a positive and proactive Labour relations climate within the organization. Provide strategic direction and assist Business Leaders on matters relating to employee relations and other statutory requirements related to people. Scope includes all entities within the Organisations Commercial entities in India, Bangladesh and Srilanka.
Labour relations vision and strategy and Management Advisory
- Ensure that the labour relations policies are aligned with the business and HR strategic priorities. Continuously align with the changing priorities and alter them with the current requirements
- Proactively communicate and comply with the Vision and Strategy on Global Labour Relations and the Group Rule on Global Labour Relations with relevant stakeholders
- Devise policies to ensure harmonious Labor Relations at all Organisations Sites in a uniform manner. Adhere to the Company's Ethics and Compliance process and APMM COMMIT rules when providing guidance, even if they seem to provide a positive outcome to the organization.
- Advise management and recommend solutions for development, application and interpretation of labour relations policies and practices.
- Lead the Labour Relations team in driving projects that align with the strategy.
- Gather intelligence on the ground on the IR scenario and align the strategy accordingly.
- Support the operations teams to monitor productivity assurance of the unionized category to get closer to or even better world-class productivity standards.
- Provide counseling and guidance to management and employees as and when required.
- Drive training and onboarding of Labour Relations processes from time to time to strengthen the managers and supervisory levels on effective management of labour relations.
Relevant legislation and information
- Furnish information, such as reference documents and statistical data concerning labour legislation, labour market conditions, prevailing union and management practices, wage and salary surveys.
- Conform to all local statutory and legal compliances that apply to the organization.
- Adhere to the processes defined by the Group Labour Relations.
- Deal with various statutory bodies and provide guidance to comply with various laws eg: Shops & Establishment Act, Contract Labour Act, Payment of Wages Act, Minimum Wages Act, Industrial Disputes Act, The MRTU & PULP Act etc.
- Independently appear before statutory authorities in respect of labour matters.
- Acquaint, anticipate and if the needed deal with international labour bodies, interest groups and others who directly or indirectly impact the IR environment.
- Keep in touch with the latest trends in the industrial relations field and maintain contacts at appropriate levels with statutory and government authorities/local dignitaries to protect the overall interests of the organizations.
Collective Bargaining Agreements/Contracts:
- Ensure that all CBA's are addressed and signed off on time in full, basis the CBA guidelines laid down by the Global Labour Relations team. This includes union settlements of contract workmen which will be directly negotiated and signed off by the relevant contractor under guidance of this position.
- Support Procurement in the implementation of contracts to ensure compliance with local labor legislation
Communication and Stakeholder management
- Ensure there is continuous dialog and communication between Management teams, Employees, Contractors and Union. Create processed for redressal of employee grievances and provide escalation matrices.
- Constant Network with relevant functional leads who are responsible for labor/unionized workforce.
- Liaise with Government authorities, Union Leaders and local leaders to maintain a positive and supportive relationship.
- Review and monitor frontline workforce activities and employee services related to the workforce.
Skills Required :
- MBA - HR / Personnel/MLS with 12-15 years of hands-on experience especially in any industry having the unionized workforce. Additional qualifications in law will be an advantage.
- Should have demonstrated managerial skills and experience in Human Resources /Industrial Relations, with an emphasis in handling unionized workforce.
- Needs to be familiar with Indian labour laws and practices.
- Possesses the ability to deal with confidential information with complete discretion.
- Capability to work in a collaborative manner with all levels of employees, including top, middle and supervisory levels of management.
- Requires strong interpersonal, analytical and negotiation skills.
- Must be able to exercise discretion and fair judgment, with an ability to understand the effect of decisions overall in the company.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.