Founder at Jobs Avenue
Views:261 Applications:45 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:25
Lead Economist - BFS (5-7 yrs)
(Accountabilities associated with the job):
- Providing analytical and macro-economic insights to the Top Management including office of Chairman and Managing Director.
- Conducting analysis of policies (Government, Regulatory) and help churning strategy for BFS and Group Companies.
- Understanding macro-economic variables and its impact on economic growth, business, industry performance
- Interact with the MD & CEOs of the Group companies and share economic insights with the Group SMTs.
- Make presentation for the Chief Economist & President Corporate Affairs/Department Head on areas of economic interest, business interest and also present the same to the SMTs.
- Understanding External Influence that impacts business across the Group Companies and also work on Early Warning signal for business and growth across all group companies.
- Building Empirical framework to understand shift in demand, business patterns its impact on BFS as a Group.
- Build Economic forecasting models for Macro variables
- Conducting the Economic Forum across the BFS Group as the primary stakeholder.
The candidate should :
- Have strong analytical orientation (along with data manipulation experience)
- Act as an expert in Economic studies with specialization in Microeconomics, building of statistical forecasting Models
- Be able to set up primary/secondary research that will help in testing various hypothesis and frameworks
- Be able to bring in non-traditional data, that will help sharpen the design and approach
(Significant volume dimensions associated with the job):
- The role despite being an IC spreads out and supports Top Management decision making across Group Companies.
- The role involves interaction with the offices of Chairman, MD & CEOs and also involves presenting of economic and data analysis to the Top Management teams across different businesses of BFS Group.
- The role involves facilitating business decisions, which can impact the volume growth/profitability of the BFS Group companies
- Post-graduation in Economics with Statistics or Equivalent degree (knowledge of econometrics, statistics, mathematics or engineering).
- 5-7 years relevant analytical experience in Economic Research, Macroeconomic analysis, Forecasting etc.
- Effective skills in MS Office with excellent skills in Excel and MS Powerpoint.
- Knowledge of SAS, SQL, R, Python would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of Classical statistical techniques: Regression, Logistic regression would also be an advantage.
- Individual contributor with the capability to deliver projects within timeline
- Effective verbal and written communication skill