Lead Data Engineer - Logistics Firm (4-12 yrs)
Industry - Logistics / SCM / Freight / Shipping
Category - IT & Systems
Job Type - Permanent
Job Description :
- As Lead Data Engineer, you will lead and assist business and technical stakeholders to transform data into a format that can be easily analysed by developing, maintaining, and testing infrastructures for data generation
Our client connects people and possibilities through our worldwide portfolio of shipping, transportation, e-commerce and business services. It offers integrated business applications through their collaboratively managed operating companies collectively delivering extraordinary service to its customers.
Reporting into Senior Manager, COE you will be responsible for:
- Oversee development and maintenance of scalable data pipelines and builds out new API integrations to support continuing increases in data volume and complexity
- Connect offline and online data to continuously improve overall understanding of customer behaviour and journeys for personalisation
- Data pre-processing including collecting, parsing, managing, analysing and visualising large sets of data.
- Drive standards define and implement/improve data governance strategies and enforce best practices to scale data analysis across platforms
- Expert use of the most current and emerging technologies to evaluate trends and develop actionable insights and recommendations to management, via understanding of the business model and the information available for analysis.
- Mentors less senior staff. Lead cross functional projects and programs formally preparing and presenting to management. Routinely work on multiple highly complex assignments concurrently
- Collaborate with other data scientists, subject matter experts, and business team/s around the globe to assist in strategic advanced data analytics projects from design to execution
- Supports multiple systems simultaneously and provides leadership for large project efforts. Provides consultation to Sr. Leadership on a normal basis.
To be successful as Lead Data Engineer, you should have:
- Master's degree in Engineering /Computer Science/ Math/ Statistics or equivalent
- Strong programming skills in Python/R/SAS
- Proven experience with large data sets and related technologies - SQL, NoSQL, Google / AWS
- Cloud, Hadoop, Hive, Spark
- Excellent understanding of computer science fundamentals, data structures, and algorithms
- Data pipeline software - Airflow, RJ Metrics, Segment, Amazon Data Pipeline, Apache Pig
- ETL software's - Amazon RedShift, CA Erwin Data Modeller, Oracle Warehouse Builder, SAS Data
- Integration Server, Pentaho Kettle, Apatar
- Hands-on experience and knowledge of the Data Lake technology
Based in Mumbai, the lead data engineer works across Management, Commercial, Strategic and many more. You will need to understand how to optimise data retrieval and how to develop dashboards, reports and other visualisations for stakeholders.
To apply online please click the 'Apply' button below. For a confidential discussion about this role please contact - Radhika Gupta- on - +91 124 452 5423- .
Contact - Radhika Gupta - +91 124 452 5423
The Apply Button will redirect you to website. Please apply there as well.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.