HR Manager at Yo HR Consultancy
Views:187 Applications:52 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:19
Lead - Customer Success - SaaS (5-6 yrs)
Lead Customer Success
Job Role - Lead Customer Success
Experience : 5-6 years
Location - Chennai
Must have: SaaS/Enterprise industry experience
Job Description :
Roles & Responsibilities:
As a Lead Customer success manager, you are responsible for building relationships with clients and getting to know them. Through swift issue resolution and timely upsells and cross-sells, you will also increase client retention and revenue. Your knowledge of customer needs makes you the go-to guide for Sales, Product, and Marketing teams on customer behavior.
- Exceptionally skillful at communication and relationship-building.
- Ability and will to learn as they need to know the ins and outs of the product.
- Ability to establish targets, craft a strategy and keep team members on track.
- Analyze and improve current processes in Customer Success.
- Customer success managers successfully negotiate long-term contract renewals with franchise owners and sales affiliates.
- Customer success roles are instrumental in client satisfaction by working with operational teams for the proper resolution of service issues.
- Additionally, the customer success manager role requires you to create a customer support strategy to boost customer retention.
- Customer success managers develop documentation and logs of implemented solutions and submit reports.
- A customer success manager gains customer acceptance by demonstrating cost reductions and operations improvements.
- Recommending and develop CMC teams to support individual pursuits is one of a customer success manager's duties.
- CSMs also identify sales opportunities by assessing the environment and devising and implementing winning strategies.
- A CSM contributes to sales engineering effectiveness by recommending courses of action.
- A CSM's tasks include creating plans and communicating deadlines to ensure projects are completed on time.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.