Lead - Compliance - Retail Liabilities & Wealth Segment - Bank (10-20 yrs)
Given below position details with a Leading Bank :
Position - Lead-Compliance - Retail Liabilities & Wealth
Reporting to - Head-Wholesale Banking and Retail Liabilities Compliance
Business - Corporate Function
Function - Compliance
Location - BKC Mumbai
Job Purpose :
To provide Compliance oversight and advisory support to the businesses, review and provide compliance comments and manage overall compliance risk in the business
Key Primary Responsibilities :
- To provide Compliance oversight and advisory support to the businesses, to ensure regulatory compliance and to manage overall Compliance risk in the business.
- To work closely with businesses and other support / control function in implementing compliance requirements.
- To ensure that all required policies, procedures, manuals, etc. is in place to conduct business in compliance with the regulatory framework in Liabilities and Wealth Business of the Bank.
- To review required Policies, Product notes / Manuals, SOPs & other Internal process documents for Liabilities and Wealth Business of the Bank in line with RBI guidelines and instructions issued.
- To review and provide Compliance comments / views for launching various products, product variant, campaigns, etc.
- Disseminate relevant RBI circulars for Liabilities and Wealth Business to the respective business teams also highlighting the points/actionable that are required to be completed by them for ensuring the implementation of the circulars in the Bank's process smoothly.
- Ensuring timely submission of all the relevant certifications, filing reports, responding to regulatory queries and communications/letters pertaining to RBI regulations.
- Train personnel to ensure that they understand their responsibilities in complying with the regulations. Prepare/ update of FAQ's based on applicable RBI guidelines for the allotted work areas.
- To identify compliance issues, escalate those appropriately and take a lead to close those issues promptly.
- Circulate advisory for sensitizing various stakeholders on the key updates and various regulatory issues.
- Co-ordinate with various stakeholders of the Bank during inspection by RBI including collation of indents and timely submissions. Also, collating responses from various stakeholders for the observation raised by RBI during the inspection.
- Preparing control points for the various line items pertaining to Liabilities and Wealth Business in the RBS Tranche III data. Co-ordination with the relevant persons for procurement of data and confirmations for putting the controls mentioned above.
- Completion of compliance testing/risk assessment successfully on allotted area.
- To perform other Compliance activities as may be assigned by the management.
Secondary Responsibilities :
- Stay abreast with global market trends and competitor strategies in key markets
- Leverage in-house synergies through collaboration with internal stakeholders