Principal Consultant at Simply People
Views:769 Applications:228 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:25
Lead - Communication & Business Content (5-10 yrs)
Our client is a leading VC in India with investment and business interest with global brands is looking to hire an experienced storyteller with a Corporate Communications or Journalism background. The key deliverable for the individual will be to position the org as a leading investment firm for successful global tech companies to enter, grow and scale in India
What you'll do:
Corporate voice and Storytelling
Establish a disciplined approach to create a steady flow of content from owned and operated platforms. Start slow with a focus on quality over quantity and gradually increase the frequency.
The primary target audience of this content will be hard to reach/difficult to impress global CXO & founders of Tier-1 B2B/B2C tech companies living in SF/NYC.
Content can include:
Thoughtfully crafted social media content to convey wins (new deals, existing portfolio success, etc) and #IndiaInsights with a primary focus on Twitter and LinkedIn (and a secondary focus on Instagram & Facebook).
- High-quality Newsletters to share key highlights about the India success of organisations portfolio and latest India insights.
- Strategic comms in higher tier media outlets
- Pitch and get org profiled in higher tier global media outlets (via a few high-quality stories in a year) to communicate past successes and our theory of change/business model. These can include high reach platforms as well as niche outlets (like Newsletters, PE/VC Webinars, Podcasts etc).
Calendar and content planning
- Stay connected with key internal stakeholders to develop key talking points and comms pegs which will help in building the org story.
- Develop a cadence to create storytelling opportunities based on portfolio success.
Standards & Best Practices
- Oversee the brand guidelines and design for various creatives (develop templates/formats) for various content and communication elements being shipped out.
- Ensure high-quality standards of writing and other communication elements keeping in mind the primary target audience of CXO/Founders of high potential companies based in SF/NYC.
- Lean into the broader comms team to get a helping hand in making sure that The Group assets and their strengths are leveraged in advancing org positioning and influence in the industry.
Desired Candidate Background/Skills:
- Someone who comes with 7-10 years of experience in either a PR/Corporate Comms role in leading VCs/PEs/Startups/Tech firms or has a solid Business Journalism background
- Someone who has a solid grasp on strategic storytelling and a strong understanding of business aspects of the organization as well
- Someone who has proven expertise in moving the needle for an organization by primarily leveraging content creation and social media channels
- Someone who has excellent writing skills along with a taste for visual design
- Someone with a strong bias for action and a proven track record of seamlessly working cross-team and extracting the best comms hooks from senior leadership as well as the brand/functional heads on a periodic basis
- A profound understanding of the Indian culture and its tech ecosystem is a must while a meaningful past global exposure will be an added advantage