Key Account Manager at Synergy Consultants
Views:1164 Applications:105 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:54
Lead Buyer - Direct Chemistry - Global Procurement/New Product Development/R&D (10-15 yrs)
Preferred only from Chemical / Pharma Industries
Experience in Buying Chemicals is mandatory.
Experience in New Vendor Development, Global Sourcing
Preferred Chemical Engineering / Chemistry graduates
Candidate with experience in New Product Development / Research & Development center is preferred.
- To support the development, implementation and execution of the Category Strategies and the strategic Direct Chemistry procurement spends
- Category Manager for selected assigned Direct Chemistry purchasing categories
- Build and manage a pipeline of projects by conducting cross functional work and execute them through contract negotiation, process changes, and implementation of sustainable cost controls with ownership.
- Advise and guide the regional purchasing teams to assure Global Category Strategies will be implemented and executed in operations
- Develop an in depth knowledge of the global markets, supply landscape and pricing trends in specific categories
- Reduce the total cost of ownership (TCO) while delivering strategic and tactical sourcing solutions that meets the business needs of cost, quality, service level and minimizing supply risks.
- Working in cross-functional setup on assigned categories, setup full transparency for cost visibility, minimize the TCO and capital improvements by optimized the usage & cycle times as well as payment terms extensions
- Global supplier selection, qualification, development, and overall supplier management, prepare and conduct RFQ's and analyze quotes, perform cost break down analysis, leverage purchase volumes by driving supply base consolidation, negotiate and execute contracts and its commercial terms with suppliers, improve quality, minimize supply risk and assure on-time delivery
- Deliver measurable results and key performance indicators
- Willingness to travel time by time to suppliers and plants mainly throughout India and Asia regions, in cases to Europe, US and others Key Competency
- 10 - 12 years of relevant experience in Chemicals / Pharma / Specialty Chemical manufacturing segment with pedigree full-time education in Mechanical / Chemical / Electrical Engineering with added certifications in Materials Management / Sourcing
- Team Management experience with ability to work in a matrix organization with high level of stakeholder management
- Related experience in Strategic Category Sourcing and purchasing, preferably Direct Chemistry spend management
- Demonstrated proficiency in negotiations and contract management, broad Supply Chain and TCO experience, Cost-Break-Down-Analysis
- Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, and Project Management experience desired specifically in regard to Strategic Sourcing, coupled with proven ability to execute and deliver on commitments and implementing measureable improvements
- Strong sourcing and negotiation skills
- Proficient MS Office applications, specifically in Excel, Power Point, Outlook
- Willingness to travel time by time for sourcing activities to suppliers and plants throughout India and Asia regions, in cases to Europe, US and others