Founder at Armour Corporate Services
Views:261 Applications:77 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:48
Lead - Business Development - FMCG/FMCD (4-6 yrs)
Job Purpose :
- The position is responsible for identifying, developing, and executing growth opportunities for the Company. The primary objective of the BD Lead is to increase revenue by onboarding new clients in ongoing markets and exploring new markets.
- This role involves consultative, solution sales (i.e. analysing client processes, identifying gaps and latent needs, and providing customized, unique solutions) to Corporates in the FMCG and FMCD sector. This is not about selling standardised products, services, or solutions.
Key Responsibilities :
- Responsible for developing and implementing the organisation's business development strategy. This includes identifying potential growth opportunities, evaluating market trends, analyzing competitors, and determining the best approach to drive growth.
- Responsible for revenue target; should generate leads and convert leads to Clients
- Create a Network to get more Clients
- Understand and leverage Retail Scan solutions, apply industry knowledge, identify and target the right stakeholders from the client side and pitch the right solution
- Serve as a subject matter expert on how to effectively pitch Retail Scan solutions to key decision makers at different levels of a prospect's organisation (with a focus on stakeholders who are responsible for determining Go-to-Market strategy) as well as within existing client organisation by understanding their needs and demonstrating how Retail Scan can meet their requirements
- Conducting primary and secondary research to analyze client needs, qualify internal leads, maintain healthy lead flow, convert leads into revenue, identify potential gaps in the market, and work with the top management closely to address those gaps.
- Must be skilled in negotiating contracts and deals with potential clients, partners, and other stakeholders to maximize the company's revenue and profits.
- Work collaboratively with internal partners to ensure work is connected to customer business objectives, delivered on time, and focused on the outcome
- Lead client presentations, along with the research team, with proactive insights and action-oriented recommendations
- Partner with Client Delivery teams to ensure timely delivery of monthly data and reporting
- Ability to communicate potential risks and challenges that may impact the organization's growth objectives.
Qualifications and experience :
- MBA from a good business school with preferable graduation in any technical stream
- 4-6 years of experience in a B2B Market Research, technology or consulting sales experience with a focus on cold calling/hunting, and maintaining lead pipelines for new businesses to achieve revenue targets.
- Good understanding of inbound and outbound (through clients) lead generation. Proven experience in using tools such as Zoominfo, Linkedin Sales Navigator etc. will be helpful.
- Candidates from retail market research, pure service organizations, or FMCG-focused consulting companies will be preferred.
- Excellent analysis and problem-solving skills, including the ability to analyse, compare, evaluate, reconcile and derive actionable insights from available data and the next steps
- Languages: Fluent in English (both written and verbal) - other languages are an advantage.
Required Skills :
- Ability to build cross-functional relationships within client organisations.
- Team player who exhibits a positive attitude, composure under pressure and willingness to think out of the box to drive results.
- High level of proficiency in MS Office tools like Excel and PowerPoint.
- Pleasing personality. Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills and financial analysis expertise
- Quick Learner