Lead - Business Analyst - IT (7-10 yrs)
Hiring Lead Business Analyst for a global consulting firm:
- We are seeking exceptional candidates with experience and passion to fill a Lead Business Analyst position for a global business unit. This global business unit is an integral part of the organization's strategy to develop new digital client service offerings in order to deliver superior value and sustained impact.
- The unit has responsibilities for full-life cycle of proprietary data and software assets, from initial business case to roadmap delivery, launch, and ongoing support operations. All of the core product capabilities are housed within the business unit including product management, design, development, support and data analytics experts who work in deep collaboration with different practice areas, clients and consulting teams.
YOU'RE GOOD AT :
- You will be an effective thought partner to collaboratively discover and propose relevant solution objectives.
- Ability to visualize the roadmap of a product to an MVP stage (such as modularity, feature prioritization, et al), supporting it with the development of wireframes to capture the user journey and relevant details for the solution objective
- You will be responsible to analyze and breakdown the problem statement, discover requirements, apply out of the box thinking and constructively challenge the problem and the proposed solutions.
- You should have exposure to agile methodology, and be able to create appropriately sized work-items on sprint by sprint basis capturing the functionality in story format.
- You need to clearly plan at a granular level, identify the objectives and milestones at a sufficient level of ambiguity, with the potentially available resources. Should be responsible for managing budgets, tracking and reporting of effort, and time management.
- You should be proficient with the identification, mitigation, tracking and escalation of people related risks, and project related risks.
- Capable of enabling team to collaborate and work effectively and efficiently to achieve the defined business objective.
- You need to have proficiency in writing scripts and evolving the scripting language.
- You will need to manage change and ensure the team is quick to accept change with minimal disruption.
- Need to build & sustain relationships with key stakeholders.
- Need to deliver effective & engaging presentations.
- Courageous to take calculated risks & steer engagements keeping bigger picture in mind.
- Capable of asking right questions, shares ideas within & across projects with analytical mindset.
- Capable of lead / enquiry management including sales stage progression & pipeline management.
YOU BRING (EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS) :
Education and Experience :
- Bachelors/Masters degree in information technology or related subjects.
- 7-10 years of relevant experience in a reputed software consulting/product organization, with at least the last 5 years as a Business Analyst.
- At-least 2-3 years of development / QA experience strongly preferred.
Excellent knowledge in the following fields, technologies, and tools:
- Strong practitioner in Agile/Scrum/XP/Iterative application development approaches.
- Experience in creating detailed & contextual wireframes using tools like Balsamiq, Axure.
- Adept knowledge & effective usage of tools like JIRA, Confluence, TFS is a must.
- Adequate knowledge of BDD and expertise in writing scripts & evolving scripting language.
- Adequate exposure to quality assurance including automated testing methodologies and frameworks.
- Adept at gathering requirements through various techniques like workshops, interviews, brain storming & so on.
- Excellent organizational skills with strong attention to detail, efficient time management, and the ability to prioritize work effectively.
- Good understanding of and experience in UI/UX aspects, technology, and high level functional design/architecture.
- Proven track record in project tracking, reporting and time management, adapt to the demanding schedules.
- Excellent in tracking & reporting budgets, burn-up, velocity & raising timely risks to internal & external stakeholders.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills, conflict management within the team and outside the team with relevant stakeholders.
- Excellent in team representation and ability to make target group sensitive & impactful presentations.
- Proven track record in building, presenting & negotiating proposals to mid or large scale organizations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Independently and proactively communicates on project scope, requirements, issues, priorities, and objectives to internal/external audiences.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, intellectually intense, service-oriented environment.
- Adept in coaching / mentoring junior team members is essential.
- Excellent conceptual skills, comfortable with ambiguity
- Autonomous, self-starter
- Leadership skills and presence
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Able to drive change
- Work related travel would be required
YOU'LL WORK WITH :
You will work with Practice Area Services teams, Knowledge teams and Consultants/Clients to plan, build, develop, deliver, support and manage products & data assets across industries and functions. You will also liaise with senior counterparts for directions, best practices, and overall guidance.