Lead/Assistant Manager - Research - KPO (7-9 yrs)
Lead/Assistant Manager Research
- Work with research analysts and data analysts, mentor them and bring them up to speed
- Mentor research analysts and enhance their secondary research skills
- Create templates and standardize processes to streamline research methodologies across the team
- Identify gaps in current research practices, identify best use cases of internal and external databases to enrich research products
- Resource management and upskilling, project allocation, hiring new analysts
- Implementing best practices across the research team, monitoring research analyst performance
- Analyze quantitative and/or qualitative data to identify relevant findings and guide research analysts to synthesize data
- Manage and participate in custom research projects and provide research support to lead analysts and other teams
- Responsible for supporting a research study across a dedicated service/technology line
- Develop and hone relationship with internal teams/advisors
- Work on engagements focused on service provider profile preparation, researching technology and outsourcing trends etc.
- Data analysis and charting
- Deliver on ad-hoc requests related to market and competitive intelligence
- Ability and responsible meet the deadlines and deliver results with minimum supervision.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to juggle multiple projects with aggressive deadlines
- Depending on the project requirement should be able to switch from a team manager role to an individual contributor role.
- 7 to 9 years of experience preferably in outsourcing, Technology and IT research. Preferred areas include application development services, infrastructure, datacenter - private cloud, public cloud services, vertical specific BPO service lines
- Experience leading/managing a team of at least 6-8 members is preferred
- Strong understanding of technology
- Exceptional secondary research, estimation skills
- Experience working on databases like Capital IQ, Hoovers, Factiva etc.
- Exceptional writing, communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to extract meaningful information and formulate a point of view based on interviewing internal and external experts, analyzing available data and filling gaps with secondary research
- Advanced Excel skills and power-point skills
- Must be highly skilled in time management to facilitate involvement in multiple projects.
- Must have excellent teamwork skills as well as be self-directed. Must have the ability to work independently and manage communications with senior executives.
- The ability to work a flexible schedule, collaborating with both US and European regions. Might occasionally require long work hours.
Education level & Experience:
- Graduation/ Engineering from good institutes preferably with MBA.
- Overall good academic track-record