Director at Zalent Consulting
Views:120 Applications:33 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:16
Lead Analyst - Quantitative Research - Indexes Team - Equity/FI Firm (6-12 yrs)
Our client is a leading US based equity/FI analysis, market research and other business information company. They are looking to hire an individual for their Indexes Team with the following Roles & Responsibilities :
- End-to-end ownership of index methodology and index reconstitution/rebalancing processes across asset class
- Provide methodology surveillance as a subject matter expert to ensure portfolios continue to meet investment thesis objectives and collaborate with research function to recommend changes when required
- Drive continuous process improvement by partnering with technology and using quality frameworks like LEAN/Six Sigma
- Coach and mentor the team members on the operational implementation of index methodologies and data analysis techniques, enhancing their analytical and financial knowledge
- Manage the day-to-day work priorities of team members and coordinate closely with other team leads within group
- Work closely with the Fixed Income Research Analyst on the Index construction process and propose enhancements to the methodology
- Maintain and own the Equity Universe for the index reconstitution process.
- Ensure accurate, timely interpretation and treatment of complex corporate actions
- Clearly and thoroughly communicate with internal and external clients, calculation agents, and data/service providers regarding index methodology, data and portfolio compositions, sales and client inquiries and issue resolution
- A Bachelor's or Master's degree in Engineering, Finance, Economics, Management etc. and a strong interest in Finance
- A Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation, or progress to the designation, preferred.
- A minimum of 6 years of work experience, with at least 2 years of experience in Portfolio Management, Data Analytics Comfortable with basics of MS office, SQL and at least one statistical package (Python/R/SAS/MATLAB etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Hands-on project and people management skills.
- Creative thinker who is adept at taking an analytical approach to problem-solving.
- Ability to collaborate with the global team and deliver quality outcomes under tight deadlines
The candidate should exhibit a passion for innovation, and harbor a genuine belief in, and acceptance of clients core values