Lawyer - Indirect Taxation - Manufacturing Firm (5-8 yrs)
Purpose of the Job :
1. To handle litigation arising out of GST, service tax and excise cases at the level of adjudicating authority and appellate authority (Commissioner (Appeal)).
2. To do legal analysis of the statutory provisions, notifications and circulars pertaining to excise, service tax and customs.
3. Support Chief Legal Counsel-Indirect Taxation in administrative functions like preparation of MIS etc.
Job responsibilities :
Coordination with internal and external agencies :
1. To coordinate and interact with the Indirect Taxes CoE for analyzing the issues involved in the show cause notices for preparation of defense reply or appeal, as the case may be. If SCN/appeal has reference to out locations then interact with F&A of such out location.
2. Gather information/data required for analyzing the issue in dispute and for drafting reply to SCN or appeal, as the case may be.
3. Coordinate with Advocates/law firms for managing the litigation.
1. To do extensive legal research with the help of electronic/online research tools for developing the contentions to be incorporated in the reply to the SCNs/appeal.
2. Remain updated with the development in excise and customs law. Support Head Taxation with latest case laws, notifications and circulars on the subject.
3. Support Head Taxation with legal research for preparing in house opinions.
1. Draft reply to Show cause notices and petition for appeal, as the case may be.
2. Where the preparation of reply/appeal petition has to be referred to an external agency then support such external agency with well researched note prepared on the basis of legal and factual inputs collected in the aforesaid manner.
Eligibility: LLB (5 years course) or LLB (3 years course)
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.