Director at Opportunity Yours
Views:19725 Applications:634 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:555
Law Associate - Banking - LLB/CS (2-7 yrs)
Required experience for the position of an Associate is two+ years and Senior Associate is six+ years.
1. Assists the Partner / Senior Associate while drafting and negotiating documents or in dealings with clients.
2. Responds effectively to daily client queries and meeting client's expectations.
3. Engages with the client and manages the matter on a day-to-day basis.
4. Actively involves in research work.
5. Produces detailed and accurate work, maintaining an overview of the matter.
6. Applies knowledge to client situations to develop practical advice.
7. Makes sensible use of precedents in drafting documents.
8. Checks his/her understanding with others and challenges where appropriate.
9. Demonstrates and shares technical skills, knowledge and experience in his/her own areas of expertise.
1. PQE 2- 5 years in the Banking and Finance / Corporate Team in a law firm, or in a bank.
2. Experience in as many of the following areas:
a. Advising on a variety of financial products and finance transactions, across various disciplines and sectors.
b. Having worked on banking and finance documentation, involving all types of debt documentation viz.:
i. Consolidation loans
ii. Syndicated loans
iii. Multiple banking
iv. Banking & finance
v. All types of product documentation
vi. External commercial loans
vii. Cross border Offshore loans (preferable)
c. Advising on and drafting of documents relating to issuance of various types of debt instruments viz Non-Convertible Debentures, listed or unlisted, and secured or unsecured.
d. Having worked on Capital Markets and Securities, General Corporate Commercial, M&A and Private Equity, Projects, Infrastructure and Real Estate would be added advantage.
3. Understanding of information technology laws, RBI directions and notifications issued from time to time, SEBI guidelines, transfer of property laws, laws relating to stamping and registration of documents, succession laws
1. Graduate in Law (LLB) from National Law Schools in India
2. Enrolled in Bar Council of India
1. Strong exposure to relevant banking and financial regulations in India.
2. Has excellent research skills, effectively utilizing internal and external knowledge resources
3. Excellent communication skills (both written and oral).
4. Detailed grasp of legal concepts
5. Should have a commercial perspective, with the ability to provide technically sound and practical legal advice to clients.
6. Should have experience in interacting with clients directly. Service oriented and are driven to deliver to clients.
7. Not afraid of taking up challenging tasks and are resilient to achieve them.
8. Ability to work within and across teams
9. Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
10. Managing transactions from engagement to completion, including supervising and coordinating other junior team members
11. Drafting and negotiating finance documentation, demonstrating an ability to draft and work with bespoke documents and structures
Should be based in Mumbai or willing to relocate to Mumbai (at own cost).