Managing Director, Public Equity Investments at Lapis India Capital Advisors Pvt. Ltd.
Views:877 Applications:251 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Lapis India Capital - Analyst/Associate - Real Estate Asset Management (2-5 yrs)
- Lapis India Capital (Lapis), is a privately held investment advisor in India, with offices in Mumbai. Lapis has two businesses - 1) Lapis Private Equity - providing non-binding real estate investment advisory services to global institutional investors, club/commingled, discretionary funds with respect to investments in India real estate; and 2) Lapis PMS - providing portfolio management services to clients seeking to invest in public equity in India.
- Lapis Private Equity is currently providing investment advisory services to the managers of three (3) India Real Estate-focused offshore funds - (i) SUN-Apollo India Real Estate Fund LLC, (ii) Investor India Realty Fund LLC and (iii) Investor India Realty Fund II LLC.
Lapis is looking to hire an Analyst/Associate for its Real Estate Asset Management team (AM team).
Candidate should be/have :
- Primary qualification: Chartered Accountant (CA)/Bachelors/Masters/PG - rank holders from reputed institutions would be given preference.
- Additional qualification (optional): CFA / MBA / CS or any other degree from a reputed institute.
- Post-qualification experience of 2-5 years working in real estate business in any of the following areas: capital markets, valuation, consulting, investment banking or private equity
- Candidate should be able to prepare institutional quality pitch books in power-point, write private equity style 20-25 pages long investment memorandums in word (write well/clear/concise without grammatical mistakes), prepare investment bank style financial models (without mathematical and logic errors).
- Candidate should have an entrepreneurial mindset, should be self-motivated with a strong work ethic and high integrity - should be able to work without much supervision.
- Passionate and willing to learn all aspects of investment and asset management.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with a small entrepreneurial team in an unstructured environment.
- Long term approach to business career.
Job Description - Associate, Real Estate Asset Management :
The candidate will work in conjunction with AM team and be involved with/responsible for :
- Assist in fund raising work - preparing pitch books, research, data analysis, preparing memos
- Day-to-day monitoring of development/progress of underlying real estate investments
- Review investment documents, project MIS, financial statements and correspondences with the JV partners
- Monitor industry events connected to the city/micro-market and real estate segment
- Prepare periodic financial analyses, internal reporting updates, valuation models necessary to assess fair valuation from time to time
- Assist in creating presentations supporting marketing initiatives and evaluation of investment opportunities
- Participate in project finance, tax, accounting and statutory reporting/research work
- Taking measures to protect investment value and engaging in developing solutions to create value for the Fund investors
- Engage in monetization strategy discussions and review connected transaction documents/ structures.
Location : Bandra, Mumbai