Recruiter at Landmark Online
Views:70 Applications:13 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:12
Landmark Group - Senior Data Engineer (5-7 yrs)
Know us a little better!
Landmark Group began its journey in 1973 with one store in Bahrain and has grown into one of the largest Retail and Hospitality conglomerates in the Middle East, Africa, and India. Currently the Group employs 55,000 employees, operates over 2,300 outlets, encompassing over 30 million square feet across 22 countries. Since 1973, the Group has created great brands that are market leaders, built strong partnerships and delivered exceptional value to customers.
The Landmark Group is one of the leading Retail and Hospitality organizations in the Middle East and India. Its vast portfolio of successful businesses includes award-winning household brands like Babyshop, Lifestyle, Max, Splash and Home Centre.
Culturally we are an open organization with open door culture and with Lean Structure. As an organization, we are ranked as a Great place to work and we are proud of our company values.
DLL - Data Labs @ LMG Introduction:
Data Labs at Landmark was established in 2015 as a strategic business function to innovate data driven solutions and to operate as advisors to CEOs and heads of functions. We have observed immense growth in the last 5 years expanding to a 100+ team across Dubai & Bangalore. The team follows an on-shore/off-shore model of delivery for Middle East and India business and consists of people with expertise in Retail Analytics, Product Development, solving problems across (not limited to) Loyalty Management, Inventory Management, Assortment Planning, End to End Supply Chain, Pricing, etc.
Job Title: Senior Data Engineer
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Develop long-term vision for a highly scalable data platform, data management and Data Ops practices
- Design and architect data flow schemes in Hadoop or Cloud environment which are scalable, repeatable and eliminate time consuming steps
- Promote Data Ops approach to automate the provision of data, testing and monitoring and to shorten development cycles and increase deployment frequency
- Establish development and data governance processes to build mature data pipelines, CI/CD, test coverages, etc.
- Evaluate, provide insights and recommendations on tools and technology strategy for analytics data platforms and applications in conjunction with Enterprise Architecture team
Who are we looking for:
- Bachelor or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent field
- At least 5+ years of experience in building data flows and data management on modern big data tech stack
- Strong experience in using ETL framework (eg. Airflow, Oozie, Jenkins etc.) to build and deploy production-quality ETL pipelines
- Experience in ingesting and transforming structured and unstructured data from internal and third-party sources into dimensional models
- Knowledge of data structures and distributed computing. Should be comfortable in manipulation and analysis of high-volume data from variety of internal and third-party sources
- Experience in one or more programming languages like Python or PySpark and moderate knowledge on unix scripting.
- Expertise in using query languages such as SQL, No-SQL, Hive and SparkSQL.
- Strong understanding of distributed storage and compute (Hive and Spark)
- Experience in building stream processing jobs on Apache Spark or similar steaming analytics technology
- Experience in debugging production issues, providing root cause and implementing mitigation plan.
- Open to learn and implement new technologies and perform POC to explore best solution for the problem statement
- Strong sense of urgency, learning appetite and commitments
- Open to travel on need basis (upto to 20%)